cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

rain causing broad band connection drop out to router

Colinstubbs13
First Timer
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

As the subject header, my partner started saying the broadband seemed to drop out every now and then (flashing orange led) and then thought it might be connected to it raining outside. By the time she remembered to tell me this we then had no rain for weeks on end and I forgot about it as we had no problems. Around the start of August I remembered and asked for an Engineer to come out and was informed they wouldn't need to access the house so we weren't informed when they'd be by. As it happened he decided to call and my partner was in so he replaced the old phone plate with a new style master socket plate and said the issue looked like being with the old cable. Of course we had no rain again for weeks more but recently I've been more attentive and have finally got round to flagging up the issue again. I might be inclined to upgrade my fibre bundle further but not until this issue is sorted out.

Here's hoping this can be rectified promptly.

Colin
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi @GBiro

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 16

@GBiro, staff need you to start your own topic, so as not to muddle the issue between different customers. 

And, at the moment, they can't even identify your account as you have not completed your community forum profile details. 

Don't post any personal information on the open forum pages. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information; SAVE CHANGES. 

Then you need to go to the message board for Broadband support, here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/bd-p/111

Once there, click on start a topic to begin your own thread for support from staff.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

tried them plety of times, I was frustrated, and created the same topic, you can delete.
No one tried to get in touch with me, and the problem is still there.

0 Likes

GBiro
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 16

yeah still not solved!!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

GBiro
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 16

So my broadband drops every time it rains, even if it’s only a small drizzle. Basically on a rainy day it drops up to 50 times a day (confirmed by BT engineers) for a good 5 minutes. It has been going on for 3 years over 10 BT engineers been sent. Not a single one could fix it. They never come on a rainy day, mess around a while, say they fixed it, yet no difference. The last engineer mentioned that the wire from the box to the house seems really old, yet he had not changed it. He was messing around in the green box, saying there might have been an issue there, gave himself a tap on the shoulder, job done, f**ed off. I even offered to pay him to change the 25+ year old wire, which he refused. Asked around in the neighbourhood, but only I am experiencing this issue. CAN IT BE SORTED?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi Colin

Openreach have closed the fault as resolved - Engineer has resolved the fault located in the overhead network. There was a fault outside the end customer's curtilage caused by general wear and tear. The fault was fixed by renewing drop wire to the end customer's fixing.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 16

Morning,

The latest update is that a line engineer should be looking at this today, however this could change. We've been advised to check back for another update tomorrow.

Thanks

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 16

Morning,

Thanks for the PM. The line test is now detecting a potential external line fault so I've passed this straight over to Openreach for further investigation. At this stage a visit to the property is not required. We'll re-check the fault in 24hrs for any additional updates.

Thanks

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 16

Hi Colin,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi Colin,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi Colinstubbs13

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Colinstubbs13
First Timer
Private Message
Message 13 of 16

Hi Debbie yes I would like another engineer visit please. It all seems to point to old wiring, I've been here 24 years and it's never been replaced. Thank you 

Colin
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Hi Colinstubbs13

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would you like me to arrange another engineer visit so they can investigate further? I can also advise on the fault ticket that this fault appears to be weather related.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi @Colinstubbs13,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site. If it happened to be raining it may be more likely to detect the fault, but worth a try anyway.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket (which is should if it is a new one) then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.