cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

router

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

I received an email today telling me improvements on my broadband line will take place soon and to please connect the router I was sent in November 2021.  Trouble is, I never received a router in November 2021.  Can someone please check on this and if I am supposed to receive a new router, please could you send me one?  Please let me know if you need any information from me.

Thank you for your help - much appreciated.

talkalot

18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi Talkalot

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi Debbie,

Download speed is much better, now  6.9 Mbps and upload .9 Mbps.  Thank you so much for your help.

Message 3 of 19

Hi Talkalot

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I've optimised your connection now the new router is connected and the sync speed has increased from 7mb to 8.1mb.

Please let us know how the connection/speed compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 19

Hi Skynet_TX,

If laughing makes us live longer...thanks for giving me a few extra years! 🤣🤣🤣

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 19

You may well find the Wi-Fi range is better with a modern router too, as your DSL-2640R really is old enough for the Antiques Roadshow to be interested in it 🤣

Message 6 of 19

Hi

So glad our team were able to help.

Regards,

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 19

Hi Debbie,

You're amazing!  The new router arrived this afternoon and is hooked up and working well.  My speed is marginally better at 5.2 Mbps download and .9 Mbps upload.  But as I said, I don't do streaming or gaming so this seems to be good for everything else I do online.

Thank you so much for such prompt service!

Message 8 of 19
0 Likes

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 19

Hi Debbie,

Will do.   Thanks again.

Message 10 of 19

Hi Talkalot

No problem 🙂

The new router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 19

Hi Debbie,

Yes, please arrange this.  And thank you so much for your help.

Message 12 of 19

Hi Talkalot

Ok thank you. I think we should send a replacement router. Are you happy for me to arrange this?

Debbie

0 Likes

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 19

Hi Debbie,

I've got D-Link DSL-2640R

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Talkalot

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked but I can't connect to your router at the moment. Which make and model of router do you have now?

0 Likes

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 19

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for getting back to me.  No, I'm not experiencing any problems with my connection at the moment.  My download speed is 5 Mbps and upload speed is .8 Mbps which seems to be good for what I do online.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi Talkalot

Can I just check, are you experiencing any issues with your connection at the moment? (speed or drops in connection)

0 Likes

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

Hi Skynet_TX,

Thanks for your informative reply - much appreciated.  Yes, I am on ADSL and have an older router which does not support VDSL.  I'll wait to hear from the Staff tomorrow.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi @Talkalot,

Assuming you are on ADSL at the moment, that email may well be an indication that they are going to switch you over to Fibre (at no extra charge), for this to work you would have to be using a router that supports VDSL, if the current router that you have does not support VDSL then that is why they should have sent you a new one.

The staff here will be back tomorrow, and will hopefully be able to check to see if a router was sent out to you, and if you do need a new one due to an imminent Fibre upgrade they may be able to arrange a new one for you if the original one has gone missing.

0 Likes