Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Access to old Tiscali email

5 REPLIES 5
AliceB
First Timer

Hi 

Apologies in advance, I bet you get a few of these messages. I used to have a Tiscali email account while growing up and now require access to my inbox again, i've sent a tester email from my new Gmail account and recieved a push back notification so I suspect my old account has been suspended (Haven't used it in quite awhile).

I tried logging in with my old tiscali email but have forgotten my password, and when I try to reset it it gives me the error: "The email address entered does not have a TalkTalk domain. Please try again."

Is there a way to ever get access to this again? I do not have a talk talk email / mail plus.

Any guidance you can offer will be greatly appreciated 🙂 

Many thanks,

Alice  

A B
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Alice

I have a feeling that the mailbox is deleted.

Mailboxes are flagged for deletion if the user doesn't sign in at least once every 180 days. The help page Deleted Email error message explains more.

To check further you can send the email address a mail message and see if you get an immediate bounceback error message saying 'Undeliverable' that means the mailbox isn't active.  If you got that 'push back' notification then that's a good indication that the mailbox cannot be found.

And you can enter the email address at Verifalia, an external website that verifies if an email address exists. Enter the email address, complete the reCAPTCHA and select the Validate button. Does the top line response say 'Deliverable' or something else?

Finally, use the forgotten password button in the Help page Changing your email password to see if you get a deleted error message or if you actually do have password recovery options saved.

Let us know the outcome in each case.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

AliceB
First Timer

Hi, thanks for the quick response much appreciated. 

Yeah I suspect it has probably been deleted then (my own fault for not keeping it active) 

The pushback message I get when I email it says " Address not found: Your message wasn't delivered because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

The top line for Verifilia says: Classification: Undeliverable

Status: Invalid email address, the mailbox for the email address does not exist.

And when I try the forgotten password path I get the: " The email address entered does not have a TalkTalk domain. Please try again." 

Is there a way to re-activate these old emails once they've been deleted? No worries if not, I will take it as a lesson learnt 

Thanks

Alice 

A B
AliceB
First Timer

Sorry not sure what happened to the format of my reply, will write it out again. 

The Verifia says it is undeliverable 

And when I try the forgotten password path I get the: " The email address entered does not have a TalkTalk domain. Please try again." 

Is there a way to re-activate these old emails once they've been deleted? No worries if not, I will take it as a lesson learnt 

Thanks

BW

Alice 

A B

A B
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Alice

All the results are consistent with the email address being deleted. This means that the mailbox, its contents and all personal data related to the address is permanently deleted. 

Regrettably, the email address cannot be recreated. The address exists just as an address entry, without any proof of user registration, on the deleted address database as a security measure to prevent it being created. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Alice, Gondola is an expert at identifying deleted accounts. I'd have no doubts that Gondola is correct. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.