Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Accessing an old dsl.pipex.com email address

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello,

I have/had an old dsl.pipex.com email account years ago which I no longer use. I didn’t set it up and have no idea what a password for it might have been or how to access it now. Unfortunately I would like to gain access to it to retrieve an email that has been sent there by mistake. Can anyone advise about how I can do this?

Many thanks

Ruth 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Ruth-C 

Does the pipex mailbox still exist?

Send the pipex mailbox a mail message and see if you get an immediate bounceback of 'unavailable' or similar.

Try putting the email address in at mailtester.com to see if the address is still valid.

If those checks indicate the mailbox does exist then to verify you as the registered user you'll need to offer 5 items of personal data to match you up to the registered name on the account. Three of the items are the name on the account and the address and landline 'phone number registered at the time the email account was first used.

If that's going to be possible then we can proceed to get you a password reset and new password generated.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi @Gondola thank you so much for that help and sorry for not responding sooner. The address does appear to exist based on what you suggested. Can you help me further by telling me who I need to contact to reset the password and get me back into the account? Is it Talk Talk?

thanks again 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Ruth

The TalkTalk Community Team will authorise a password change for you and I've requested that password change.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the Pipex email address with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TalkTalk will need to verify you are the registered mail user. You'll get an initial response from a TalkTalk (TT Staff) team member here.

You'll then receive via Community Personal Messaging (the envelope icon by your avatar top right of this page when signed in to Community), a data verification request prior to authorising the password change.

You'll then get a call on your mobile and a team member will run a security check and give you the new password.

When the Pipex mailbox is migrated to the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have a MyAccount as a MailPlus or Broadband customer then you'll be able to manage the password change there and set up Reset Details via the mailbox Settings Menu for when you forget the password and need to reset it.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey Ruth, 

Are you able to reply to the private message i sent you and we'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.