Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can I still use talktalk email?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

I changed ISP before Christmas. I set up another email account with gmail, (which I don't like much) 

I had thought that as soon as I closed my talktalk account, my email account would would 'disappear' and I could no longer use it.

My talktalk email account is still receiving mail and forwarding it to my gmail account and of course I can still log in to it, just as I can still login to the forums.

TBH I've used the Talktalk email for so many years I would prefer to continue to use it. 

Not just pure laziness, well just a bit,   but for a lot of years I have been slowly losing my sight and  that is why I like to stick with the familiar.

Sooo after all that rambling, can anyone tell me is this just a glitch or can I continue to use Talktalk email?

Highlighted
Enlightened One
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @g4jc1 

In practice yes you can but there's no guarantee and there are some things you need to know so you can make an informed decision about the future.

The login to your MyAccount will be there for 12 months but after that will be disabled. The 12 months is to enable you to see your final billing and also to manage your email accounts including password changes.

The Terms and Conditions do say that if you leave TalkTalk you cannot keep your email address. However, in practice, so long as you sign in to TalkTalk Webmail at least once every 180 days the email account will remain open.

You'll still be able to manage password recovery, if needed, by setting up Reset details with an alternate email address and mobile phone number.

TalkTalk Webmail is currently provided free to TalkTalk customers. It's currently free to all users but there's no definitive statement that it will remain free for non TalkTalk customers.

You've got a non-Internet Service Provider (ISP) email account. That way you've got an alternate email account for password recovery and you're not dependent on any future ISP for your email service.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer