Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email password reset

ANSWERED
1 REPLY 1
First Timer

Hi @Gondola  , I think I have exactly the same problem as @b-alex , trying to recover/change a password for a subsidiary email account and the only recovery method showing is to send a message to the email account that I don't have a password for!

Thanks

Bob

P.S. Couldn't find anything about this anywhere on the standard help pages but found it here thank you!

Community Star
Solution

Hi Bob

I've moved your post to its own thread so you've got individual attention.

If you've forgotten the mailbox password so cannot sign in to TalkTalk Mail and there are no password recovery Reset details set up then the TalkTalk team are the only ones that can put those Reset details in place.

I've pushed the request into their workflow.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

I don't have any visibility of the TalkTalk workflow and they're currently prioritising work so be prepared for a wait until you float to the top of the queue.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify you as the mail user; so be prepared to provide on request to the TalkTalk team only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

When you do get access to TalkTalk Mail (webmail) you can keep the Reset details up to date via an option on the main menu.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer