Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails To Yahoo Address Bouncing

126 REPLIES 126
stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Last  few days having problems sending emails from my Pipex email address to a relative with a Yahoo address. Keep getting the following response from mailer-daemon@talktalk.net that delivery failed.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.    
Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 13.9 hour(s):
xxxxx@yahoo.co.uk

Reason: The following message to xxxxx@yahoo.co.uk was undeliverable.The reason for the problem:  Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached

I see other threads on this forum with the same problem sending to other domains (eg. Sky) and wonder whether there is a wider issue extending to Yahoo too ?

Western_Miller
Chatterbox

@stevesurreyyou are not the only person with this issue I've also had a number of emails to @yahoo.co.uk returned as undeliverable this week.

Community Team

Hi stevesurrey, there's an open incident for this. We were told that a fix had been put in place some 6 days ago or so. It was suggested that mailboxes would feel the benefit at different rates. I've sent a chase through our incident management team yesterday, I'm expecting an update later today from them. I'll post back as soon as I hear. 

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady I sent a test message yesterday evening to the yahoo address and it was delivered albeit 6-7 hours after sending.

Community Team

That seems to be a common effect at the moment. I'm still waiting for the incidents team to update the ticket. I'll let you know more when I have it for you. 

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady why isn't this longstanding incident reported on the service status page?

Community Team

I believe it's because the fix was deployed and it was believed it would clear the issue. The manager is aware that the fault is ongoing. 

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Yes its definitely still ongoing as I got a delivery failure report today in respect of a message I sent yesterday evening. The message that was successfully delivered on Monday (albeit very late) must have been a fluke. Any indication of a timescale for this fault to be fully resolved ?

Community Team

I'm chasing for updates daily and often multiple times daily. I'll post anything I get back. 

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

I appreciate your help @OCE_Ady. However, looking back, I note I first started getting non-delivery reports on messages to Yahoo addresses back on 21 May. 5 weeks on and the problem remains unresolved so you can imagine my and other affected users frustration at TalkTalk's lack of progress.

Community Team

Many customers have been experiencing the problem for longer than that. I don't have to imagine your frustration, I'm feeling it from all of you everyday and then I turn around and pass it up the chain often 5 or 6 times a day. There are processes I have to follow in order to escalate these issues, but I'll always do whatever I can to help.

GEG63
Wizz Kid

Same problem here. I have a yahoo.co.uk account I use as well. I tried forwarding some emails to it that I downloaded to MSOutlook from my TalkTalk account (pipex email address). They all bounced back after 24 hours as exceeding the number of retries.

Reminds me of a similar problem I (and others) had a few years ago with  BT  email addresses. I think it was something to do with blocking software on the servers (either BT or TalkTalk).

Wonder if it happens with talktalk.co.uk email addresses or if its just affects the legacy email addresses like Pipex and Tiscali

Community Team

Hi GEG63, it shouldn't be happening with your TT or Tiscali mailboxes in this way as they are on a different platform, network and equipment. 

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady your help is always appreciated and any frustration I feel is not aimed at you personally.

FYI I sent a couple of test messages from my Pipex email address yesterday and received non-delivery reports from Yahoo and AOL addresses too.

Community Team

I don't take it personally, but I'm here to help and represent you to the business. So if you guys are frustrated I'm frustrated. I chase the issues daily and escalate whenever possible.

Windybuffs
Popular Poster
Thanks for your help. I am having the same problem, as recently as last night, so I will keep an eye on these posts and hope that the situation gets resolved very soon.
CrazyOtto
Participant

This issue is still dragging on.  It's many weeks now.  It's a blasted nuisance.

Community Team

I've sent the daily chaser and expect an answer before lunch. I'll post to let you know what I hear. 

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

So @OCE_Ady  what answer did the email boffins have for you today ?

Community Team

Well they simply neglected to reply. I've already sent today's chaser and will do the self same thing tomorrow.