cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Excessive spam to tiscali email address - how stop?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I am getting extremely frustrated and upset as for the last couple of months I am receiving between 5 - 10 unwanted spam emails to my tiscali email address every day, so today I have already received the following 9 spam messages titled from:

Melissia Kane

Find Dates Right Now LLC

Love Swans

Memory Repair Protocol

Chuck Gains

End of Obesity

Jason Taylor

NeuropahtyTreatmentGroup

Urbanus Charlton

I am reporting each of these to the TalkTalk Customer Security Team via the address spam@talktalk.co.uk & copying in the header having followed the instructions to click on 'view header' etc. 

One issue which concerns me is the automated reply which I receive states that they need the header information. Does this meant that I need to re-send this header information in a direct reply to the email? 

Many thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

And a 10th one now, Missing Omega. 

Can I also email abuse.tts@talktalkplc.com?

Highlighted
Insightful One

@lucydf1

Quote:-

One issue which concerns me is the automated reply which I receive states that they need the header information. Does this meant that I need to re-send this header information in a direct reply to the email? 

Its TT,s standard reply, I have already suggested that the reply needs to be amended

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/FAO-of-an-OCE-only-re-Help-please-re-spam/m-p/2165...

At present that reply reads as if the sender did not include the Header when the sender knows it did.

IE:-

Thanks for contacting the Customer Security team; this is an automated response to confirm that we’ve received your report.

What do we need from you?

We need the header information from the email - this helps us track where the email came from and the journey it took to land in your inbox. Once we have this, then we can identify the source network and raise a complaint.

May I suggest that this line:-  'We need the header information from the email' is changed to read:- 'We need the header information from the email, if you have not already done so'

That was over a month ago but so far nothing has been done by the 'snails' at TT

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile.
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Great, many thanks for that. 

So I will just continue to send the headers to spam@talktalk.co.uk & hope the rogue senders will eventually be blocked. I have no filter option within my TalkTalk account at the moment. 

Any other advice on how to stop the spam? 

Highlighted
Insightful One

You can also send the to phishing@talktalk.co.uk     abuse@talktalk.co.uk

I see you said you are using  tiscali, there is a filter option in that.

In the list on the left hand side you should see at the bottom, 'Settings', click on that and it will take you to another page where you will see, 'Settings' again, click on the 'Mail' option then scroll down and in blue you will see the word Filters, in the box slightly to the right of that you will see a box where you can create you fillters by clicking the add button, this will bring up another small page where you can input the filters.

This a copy of one of mine. Don,t forget to click the save button

Filter Name:
Description:
Criteria:

Search Field:
Keywords
Options:

From

juicyfex.net

From contains juicyfex.net

Action:
 Reject

(Tick)  If a message matches this filter, do not use the remaining filters.If a message matches this filter, do not use the remaining filters.
  If a message matches this filter, keep the message.If a message matches this filter, keep the message.
 Juiceyfex.net 

This is a poor copy and paste of it, but you will get the idea when you create you own filters.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile.
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks for that but as I said in my previous message I have no filter option within my mail. I posted about this previously and OCE Ady has checked this and raised it as a fault. I hope that it is now being investigated and fixed. I had been using that option for several months and had added in excess of 200 filters however he has informed me that it has a limit of 50 so it will have stopped working. 

Highlighted
Insightful One

@lucydf1

Quote:-

I posted about this previously and OCE Ady has checked this and raised it as a fault. I hope that it is now being investigated and fixed. 

Sorry I have only just read that thread.

Once you have reported the spam emails to TT how are you then dealing with them, do you just deleted them or mark them as spam, do they end up in the 'My Mail Folders - Spam'

What I do is use the 'Message actions arrow' option in the top blue bar and click on 'Move to' then click the 'Spam button' then click ok and leave them in there for a while to be sure the same sender does not send me spam emails again.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thank you, I used to do that but haven't for last month or so. I've been back into my deleted emails & have now marked a spam, hopefully another preventative measure! I've got 5 pages of spam senders... Many senders are the same, shame they can't be stopped. 

Highlighted
Insightful One

i am a bit dubious about just having them marked as spam in the deleted emails folder especialy as it is as large as you say it is. As you have a major problem in not being able to user the filter options may be this is part of that problem.

I wonder what the result would be if you emptied that folder of all the spam emails and started anew. I empty my 'Trash folder' of rubbish emails after deleteing them from my 'Inbox'

I will keep my fingers crossed and you get a positive result from OCE Ady and the TT team he has reported your problem to.