Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Limits

5 REPLIES 5
MisterB
Whizz Kid

I need to know the limits on number of mails and number of recipients. The only answer I can find is marked by the Team as out of date.

Please, I need, urgently, to send an e-mail to 390 Members of my Society. How should I go about it without getting blacklisted?

Mike

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @MisterB 

Home mail services will limit sending on the home network to 50 recipients per hour and 500 per 24 hours.

So if you split your 390 contacts into at least 8 distribution lists and spread out sending during the day you should be ok.

If all recipient addresses are for active mailboxes then no distribution list is going to get bounced.

If you do happen to trip the limiter you'll not be blacklisted just not able to send until the relevant counter is reset. In the case of 390 contacts you'll only hit the daily limit if lists have to be resent so the only limiter to really be concerned about is the hourly limiter.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

MisterB
Whizz Kid

Many thanks, I'll give it a go. As a matter of interest, where is this information? I couldn't find it. It does seem a bit tight, Microsoft lets you have a lot more. 

Gondola
Community Star

...and business mail and bulk mail services that are designed for large distribution list sending will configure to suit your needs. But the limits I've quoted are for TalkTalk's Consumer Mail residential mail service.

MisterB
Whizz Kid

Thanks again. I've finally managed to get the job done via my other account which is new. As a matter of interest I can send 2000 mails/hr to up to 200 recipients. at a time. Which, now that I've understood the new system, has solved my problem.

Gondola
Community Star

Exactly. Horses for courses as I said.