cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Spam emails look like from me

22helz
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

All my contacts are receiving spam emails that look like they are from me.  Is there anything I can do?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

There's advice below on Compromised or Spoofed Email accounts.

Compromised is where the mailbox password has been discovered and someone has accessed your mailbox to find your contacts and then send them scam emails pretending to be from you. So in this case you must scan your email devices to remove any password grabbing virus, trojan or other malware before upgrading your mailbox password.

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Spoofed email accounts is where someone knows your email address and is using that to pretend to be you. In this case your mailbox may be secure but a friend's mailbox has been accessed to get your email address and the email addresses of mutual friends.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Compromised or spoofed accounts

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution