cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lost 3rd party access to TalkTalk email

7 REPLIES 7
Chatterbox

I have had the same problem and cannot access my emails through Outlook but can through webmail, you have mentioned this should be resolved now but doesnt look the case for me, is there anything else I can do or try?

Thanks

Community Star

Hi @corfanelli 

I've moved your post to your own topic so we can give you individual attention.

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer?  Have you got all of your TalkTalk managed email addresses listed in the My Mailboxes area of your MyAccount?

Whether you're a broadband customer or MailPlus (ex-customer) mail user it is important to have your email addresses added to MyAccount.

Managing your email in My Account 

Let us know if there's a yellow banner message at the bottom of the My Mailboxes page and what it says.

To link this topic to your TalkTalk service please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile recommended). Add full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Chatterbox

I'm actually posting on behalf of my parent's as they both cant access their emails through outlook. They don't have broadband but they do pay talk talk to keep their tiscali email addresses I think it's £50 a year they have paid, both my mum and dad's addresses are showing in the My Mailboxes section in their account, and can't see a yellow banner...

appreciate your help and fast response

thanks

Community Star

Hi corfanelli 

If the My Mailboxes area looks like this (with their email addresses listed) and there's the ability to create and add mailboxes and the Direct Debit for the annual MailPlus subscription has been paid then the mailboxes are unlikely to be restricted to webmail access only. 

If they do online banking a quick check that the Direct Debit has been taken would be good to know.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount.png

Please ask them to sign in to TalkTalk Mail here and check that the mailboxes are working ok. Sign in to each in turn, compose and send a mail message to the same mailbox email address to make sure the mail messages appear in the Sent objects folder and then in the Inbox.

Assuming that proves the mailboxes are working as expected we can look at Outlook. Which version of Outlook is it?

First, are there any error messages when trying to send a mail message via Outlook?

Chatterbox

Hi Gondola

yes the direct debit payment has been taken and is up to date, and ive checked both accounts on the webmail and they both work fine, can both send and receive emails, so just seems to be a problem with outlook, its version 2003 I think.

When I send an email from outlook it doesn't come up with an error message, but at the bottom it says send/receive error. If i then click the send/receive all button it comes up with their sign-in credentials, which I know are correct and the correct password etc but wont sign in, and has no option for forgotten password etc.

Thanks

Chatterbox

Hi Gondola

Thanks for all your help, Ive managed to fix it, following the instructions on the Talk Talk website, I have noticed that the SAP was ticked in the settings in outlook, I have now unticked it and both are working 🙂

no idea how it became ticked but seems to be sorted

thanks

Community Star

Hi corfanelli 

I guess you mean Secure Password Authentication (SPA) and you're absolutely right. Not used.

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. We always appreciate your feedback.

Chatterbox

Sorry yes Spa 😊

Thanks again