Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex Webmail Not Sending Emails?

18 REPLIES 18
Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Good evening   Definitely seeing an improvement with sending emails tonight to a number of domains via Outlook (albeit that many are arriving in Junk Folders) - thanks for all that.  However, as I alluded to in another related topic, since Friday Pipex Webmail does not appear to have been sending emails, but without generating any error messages.  I have been working away from home all weekend, so have been thinking that my Webmail has been working OK...but it clearly hasn't.  I've contacted some people I sent emails to since Friday, and they haven't received them.

I have tried to test this several times today, but Webmail (well mine at least) won't even send to other Pipex addresses!

Has anyone else been affected, or is this just my problem?

Any ideas on how I can investigate and remedy all this, please?

Many thanks

regards

Community Team

Can you send webmail from your pipex address to your pipex address?

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Can you send webmail from your pipex address to your pipex address?

I have been trying to do this also, and no, it does not work, and no bounce back message either.

Community Team

Thanks for feeding back, I've passed it on. 

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @OCE_Ady   The feedback from @pbar100 entirely reflects my experience, but actually (as I already reported) webmail doesn't seem capable of sending email to anyone at the moment.

Thanks, as always, for passing this back to the Email team.

Regards

Community Team

I've passed examples of the pipex to pipex issue as that's indicative of a new problem. 

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

No, this problem was embroiled in the previous/current one, I reported that some time ago.

Community Team

I'm told there was a drive issue, you should be able to send from Pipex again now. Please retest and let me know. 

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Yes, I have just sent two mails to dsl.pipex.com addresses from Webmail, and both arrived as they should, within seconds. Great.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Also, I have just sent three mails to a Hotmail address (which was failing previously), and all three arrived as they should.

So, whatever has just been done (whichever button turned it off and on again), has fixed the test mails going to Pipex and Hotmail issue which I have had.

Community Team

That's great, thanks for posting to let us know. 

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

@OCE_AdySorry for my delay in responding to this.  Whatever the Admins did...it worked!  Webmail seems to be working again,  Thanks to the Admin, and you.

Community Team

That's great, thanks for letting us know. I do know however that Yahoo are still rate limiting our mails and we've raised a case to have this lifted. That means that some mail will get through and some will bounce from the yahoo servers.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Why is the service status showing no problems for e-mails, yet many of us are still suffering with the fault(s)?

Community Team

Hi pbar100, I've been busy trying to get the mail working for you. I haven't sent any requests to the team who manage the service dashboard as a result. If the pipex to pipex issue is again live, I'll ask the team to add it to the dashboard.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks, Pipex to Pipex is ok as far as I was aware. Webmail is down at the moment though.

Community Team

Hi pbar100,

How are you getting on, is webmail still down?

Chris

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @OCE_Chris As I reported last evening on a related topic, Pipex Webmail was restored at some stage during the afternoon.  Any idea as to causation? Was the outage related to the Pipex to Pipex issue (see earlier postings on this thread) that occurred the day before, or is this something new?

Thanks

Regards

Community Team

Hi Muddymedic,

Sorry, only just seen your other post. Glad to hear it's working again, apologies for any inconvenience - I don't know what the cause of the problem was but please let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris