Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sending emails - continuing saga.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I thought it was too good to be true!  It only lasted for a couple of hours. Now back to square one. Unable to send any emails. What is up with the severs ?  Are Talktalk moving things about ?

Please Talktalk get things repaired and let’s get back to normal working!

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Tolly 

I see that on your last two email topics there were transient issues that temporarily stopped you sending mail messages.

There are limit counters that stop you sending if you're sending to too many recipients or too many incorrect, unavailable or blocked addresses. The typical limit for home mail services is 50 recipients per hour or 500 per day. It's purely a spam protection measure and applies to everyone.

Do you think you might have exceeded a limit? Depending on which limit counter has been triggered you may have to wait for an hour to get some sending capacity or up to 24 hours for the counter to be fully reset.

If you need to troubleshoot an issue then signing in to your TalkTalk Mail mailbox and sending a message back to the same mailbox Inbox is the first test to see that a mailbox is sending and receiving ok.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Tolly, Gondola's advice is spot on. Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.