Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Mail Plus

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
First Timer

I've been told by TalkTalk that I must register my tiscali.co.uk email address with Mail Plus or at some point it will no longer be available - will be deleted. I've been through the correct procedures in 'My Account' to add the tiscali email address to my list of mailboxes, but the system just won't allow it - keeps saying there's a problem, but not specifying what exactly.
I've tried different browsers. I've been on the phone to TalkTalk for hours about this and they are quite frankly useless. Now it's escalated to complaint level but still no joy. The only thing they can tell me is that it's an 'orphan email address'. I should point out that the email account is working fine, but I don't want it to be deleted be TalkTalk down the line. Has anyone else had this problem, or solution?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @frederick4 

I've alerted the TalkTalk Community team and you'll receive a response here in Community from Monday onwards. 

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es) with any relevant other notes on the former MyAccount and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

The tiscali mailbox will not add to a current MyAccount if it's associated with a former MyAccount. The TalkTalk team will unlink the tiscali email address from the former MyAccount to enable you to add it to the current MyAccount.

Managing your email in My Account gives the detailed guidance.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi frederick4, to confirm you're the account holder can you reply to me via PM (Personal Message) with the following information: 

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number or account number
  • Are you the account holder
  • 1st and 3rd characters of your telephone enquiry password if you have one.

NOTE: If you don’t have a telephone password why not add one now check out Setting up your telephone password for details

If password is unknown, confirm the below:
  • Your registered email address:
  • Your registered mobile phone number:  

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Hi frederick4, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the security information needed. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Gondola, thanks for your reply. It is likely that what you say is correct because the @Tiscali.co.uk email address was originally registered to another account and another person. That other person was a friend of mine and together we arrange a 'change of ownership' of that account into my name. This change duly happened but was not entirely straight forward and effectively it meant I had to open a new account in my name but retained the same address and landline number. I wonder if the tiscali email address hasn't somehow got 'stuck' in the old my account. The problem is,  TalkTalk services is possibly worse than useless and I have no faith in them resolving this issue. If I ring them again they will keep me on the line, passing me from one person to another for about an hour, until I just give in and hang up.  An suggestions?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi frederick4 

The customer service agents will not be able to fix this situation is my belief.

OCE_Ady who is in the UK based TalkTalk Community support team is your best hope of authorising the way forward. His Private Message should be waiting for you, top right of this page - select the blue envelope icon by your avatar that you see when signed in to Community.

What you're indicating to me is that your tiscali mailbox is effectively orphaned in the former MyAccount previously registered in your friend's name. You may therefore be asked to provide details of that former MyAccount and possibly proof that you have been the sole user of the mailbox so that the mailbox email address can be released from the former MyAccount to allow you to add it to your current MyAccount as per Managing your email in My Account 

If you can effectively jump the data protection hurdles, which it looks to me like you can, then Ady will take the matter forward for you.

Highlighted

Hi Frederick4, please answer my PM and I'll take a look into this for you. It would be ideal if you could give me the details of the old account too if you still know them. It will make my life easier it's not a deal breaker by any means.

Ady

Highlighted

Hi frederick4, I've resent the personal message for you. 

Ady

Highlighted
Participant

Yes I have an almost identical problem, as do countless others. The solution lies with TalkTalk....or perhaps a letter to ComputerActive! Good luck.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, Gondola,

I've tried messaging OCE_Ady (several times) but he hasn't responded. I've

sent him the information he requested. Do you think that I'm being impatient?

I'm worried that he might not have received my PMs, although the system says

that they've gone through.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi frederick4 

I see that Ady sent you a follow up Community Private Message on Friday.

That would have appeared under the envelope icon at the top of this Community page by your avatar when signed in to Community. If you selected the envelope icon and Replied to Ady's message with the requested information then it'll be waiting for him to pick up on Monday.

I've sent you a test Private Message just to see that the system is working.