Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk is blocking all my out going emails

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

After sending a few group emails yesterday, now I cant send any email to anyone. TalkTalk seems to have blocked me as a spammer or something. Doesn't matter what email address I use, they all came back as :

4.1.1 40T9fMrkFwhea Too Many Recipients (TT502).

How can I get TalkTalk to un block this ?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Mike

The email server says you've sent to too many recipients in the last 24 hour period. You're right it is a standard precaution against spamming.  Most residential email servers have the same limit to guard against spammers and as a measure of fairness to all users.

However, it is only a temporary measure.  Just wait 24 hours from the last sent message and the counters will reset.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Many thanks Gondola.

Do you know if the 24 hours runs from the last successful email (last night), or from the last time I tried to send an email (about an hour ago) ?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Mike

The counter should be counting successfully sent emails so it should be from last night. I'd suggest trying again tonight.

Main tips are to spread the sending during the day so you're not trapped by the 'too many emails in the last hour', typically 50 per hour and 500 per day.  This is just a guideline as lower limits can apply.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks so much Gondola, that's really helpful. I knew about the 50 emails in one group, but didn't appreciate the hourly and daily restrictions - which of course means you have to allow for any other emails sent singly wthin a time period. Hope this helps others experiencing the same problems. Mike

Highlighted
Community Team

Nice one Gondola, Thanks for posting to help MikeT4. Mike you're in good hands. If you need anything else let us know.