Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to keep your TalkTalk email service? message

13 REPLIES 13
Suzy-kate
Chatterbox

Ever since I got this message I've been trying to remove two never used e-mail addresses so that I can attach my original tiscali email address (which you never used to be able to do). I can see many people have the same problem, and customer services tell me there is a problem, but they don't have a date when it will be resolved. So I contacted them online, was told I needed to phone, so I phoned, waited ages, eventually was told they couldn't sort it but someone would contact me within 24 hours. So I waited in for 24 hours, nothing, so I contacted them again, was told it would be escalated I would hear something within a week. Yesterday the week was up, no one had contacted me, tried to phone but the lines were busy, eventually contacted someone on line, yes they are aware of the problem, no they don't know when it will be resolved, no I shouldn't loose my e-mail address as they have 120 days, but no they can't say it will be sorted by then. They tried to escalate it only to find it had already been done.

So fed up I keep getting the emails telling me that I have until December 1st before I loose the majority of mail features and after that mail boxes will be closed down, I only ever stayed with talk talk because I wanted to keep my original tiscali address and no I don't want to spend extra, when I was told that by staying a customer I would never loose my address.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Suzy-kate 

The requested delete operation in MyAccount isn't possible because the tiscali email adddresses are not on the active database i.e. deleted / suspended or otherwise unavailable.

The TalkTalk team will be able to take your authorisation to remove a mailbox entry from your MyAccount. I'll alert them for you.

So that they can identify you and the mailbox, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email addresses to Private notes and Save changes.  Make it very clear that the tiscali email addresses are the ones for removal from your MyAccount.

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Suzy-kate
Chatterbox

Thanks

Suzy-kate
Chatterbox

Well now I'm totally confused, the e-mail address which is attached to my account is not being recognised and I can't get into my account.

Community Team

Hi Suzy-kate, are you still not able to login?

I've sent you a personal message to obtain the information to get the emails deleted for you. 

Suzy-kate
Chatterbox

I managed to change the password so I can see the e-mails, but I can't get into the account, I've been told I now need to set up the account again with an e-mail address that isn't talk talk.

I changed the details that you asked for, not sure which way is going to work, will let you know but it seems like a lot of work.

Community Team

Are you telling me that someone has said you need to not use a TalkTalk email address to access your MyAccount?

Community Team

What appears to have happened is that you've mispelled the email address for your login. Because MyAccount doesn't verify it's let you do that. I need to raise a request to get the spelling error corrected.

I need to do the security checks with you so that I can get this corrected for you. I've sent you a personal message.

Suzy-kate
Chatterbox

No they told me I needed an additional e-mail address to set up a new My Account, and that they no longer accept a different talk talk, tiscali etc . It has to be something like gmail.

So two e-mail addresses 1 your talk talk or tiscali (the one they send the bills to) and 2 an alternative that can't be talk talk. I was totally confused and can't understand what is wrong with the original only that apparently it can't be accessed. So I tried setting one up and couldn't do that either.

Suzy-kate
Chatterbox

So it's now 29 days since my problem of not being able to remove two never used e-mail addresses from my account so I can add my original e-mail address (which in years gone by you couldn't do) was escalated (for about the second of third try). Was advised that it could take 28 days but would probably only take a few. Well today is day 29, not only is the problem not fixed but I can no longer access my account, and because someone (not me) changed the e-mail address to my account (one that doesn't exist) I can't register either. So because I can't see my bills they sent me one charging me £2 (per month), then today I get get another e-mail warning me that I will only be able to access e-mails on line after the 1st December and that after that they will start shutting down mail boxes unless I want to spend another £5 per month. Then to top it all, went to check the e-mails on my account e-mail address only to get the message that that e-mail address doesn't exist.

They only reason I stayed with first Tiscali and then Talk Talk was to keep that original e-mail address, so fed up with all this.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Suzy-kate 

I've escalated to the TalkTalk Community team once more.

Disregard the information from Customer Services that you need a non-TalkTalk managed email address. Wrong information.

The removal of unused email addresses from your MyAccount is a straightforward operation by the back-office team to leave spare spaces in the 5 allowed for TalkTalk mailboxes. I hope it was made clear which addresses were to be removed.

If the MyAccount billing address has been changed to a non-existent address then that's why you cannot sign in to MyAccount and why TalkTalk cannot get billing notifications to you.  That must have been done some time ago as TalkTalk would normally not start charging for paper billing for a couple of months allowing time for you to correct the MyAccount login.  Obviously key is to get your MyAccount login working.

Put all of your email addresses in Private Notes in the Community profile.

Make it clear which ones must be removed, which active email addresses are to be added and or remain in MyAccount.

Leave it to TalkTalk to select one of the active email addresses as the MyAccount login and they'll let you know by Private Message or mobile 'phone call and you'll sign in to MyAccount using that email address and email password.

They'll also want to set up Reset details so they'll need your mobile 'phone number to add to each TalkTalk mailbox so that you have this to use for password reset codes sent by text message. Add this to Private Notes as well.

Suzy-kate
Chatterbox

Thanks for replying, the e-mail addresses I wanted kept, removed and added are all in my private notes in my community profile along with my mobile number (just checked to make sure it's clear which is which). Everything started going getting worse after I spoke to someone on the phone who didn't understand my accent, at least I think that was the problem, took her three goes to realise my email address was my name and that's when the notice about e-mails first went out so it's a few months ago.

Do you know how long this will take? 

Thanks for your help

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Suzy-kate 

There's quite a few step to go through to get everything back in action.  Ady was on the case arranging for the MyAccount login to be set up and that's the first thing.

I'll leave it to Ady to chase this up.

The good news is that there's no system deletion of mail accounts whilst these issues are being chased.

Suzy-kate
Chatterbox

OK

Hopefully it will get sorted out soon.