cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Authentication failing Outlook and Webmail

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

That old stalwart of TalkTalk is back:

georgeh2011_0-1728914761856.png

That is in Outlook (full desktop version, not the "new" rubbish).

That is when it is not repeatedly prompting for my password (again).

Also getting "Unable to connect to server" on the email client on my Android phone whether using local WiFI (TalkTalk broadband) or mobile data.

Unable to sign in to TalkTalk webmail either!!! Trying to login to webmail I get this:

georgeh2011_0-1728915292111.png

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 9

Your situation is unlikely to be related to the very temporary and transient outage which occurred yesterday. Best to doublecheck that Outlook has all the right server settings etc.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.

Pianist2
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

I am having the same problem with Outlook with my pipex.com email address. It started yesterday afternoon and is still continuing. I can send and receive emails fine on my iPad and my husband's Apple laptop has no problems. It seems to be specific to Outlook.

0 Likes

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

I had the identical problem with my Tiscali emails (on both Outlook and Webmail) but both now working fine again.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Outlook now seems to be working via IMAP for me.

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Working OK with Outlook here.

Outlook working OKOutlook working OK

Tiscali IMAP is what it says it is. Foodbank account is an @talktalk.net email address with IMAP

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

No it is not.

Logining in to webmail seems to working agian. However, I almost NEVER use webmail.

I need it to work with Outlook and that STILL is NOT WORKING.

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

All seems OK again already

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Also unable to connect to webmail see message received.

When attempting to access webmailWhen attempting to access webmail

0 Likes