cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Blocked email accounts

rosswuk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hello,

As many others I have some old @dsl.pipex.com mailboxes which seem to be locked down to "webmail only". The username/passwords I have are working correctly to gain access via webmail, but POP3 access is being denied I assume due to continued use of legacy settings.

I am now using the correct settings, but still blocked. Can I provide a list of mailboxes where I need the POP3 access re-enabled please?

Thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi rosswuk, you should find all of the mailboxes have been restored to full function now.  There were delays in getting some of them cleared. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

rosswuk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

@Ady-TalkTalk 

Thanks Ady, but I am not sure if you got my point. As well as the two extra mailboxes being now blocked for POP access, the two mailboxes which you added to the list last week (now well more than 48hrs ago) are still locked down to webmail only. Is the process to get mailboxes unblocked within 48hrs working?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi rosswuk, I've added the extra 2 mailboxes to the list.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

rosswuk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

@Ady-TalkTalk 

The two accounts which I originally had an issue with are still locked down to webmail access only. In addition to that, two further mailboxes have now been locked down to webmail only, despite the fact that updated settings were in place and working correctly even as I posted here (i.e using secure settings for mail.talktalk.net).

I have updated my private notes with the now 4x mailboxes which have been locked down. Please can you look at this again? I 100% confirm that correct/secure settings are being used now on all 4 mailboxes.

Message 5 of 8

I certainly did.

Ady

Message 6 of 8

Thanks @Ady-TalkTalk.

I assume you picked up the email accounts I have trouble with from my private notes?

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi rosswuk, I've added your mailboxes to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady