cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot Access Webmail from my iPad

stephen54
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

Ever since the revised Talk Talk email website was released I have been unable to access it. All I get is the spinning circle.

I have checked my settings and they are correct. I have cleared the cache and cookies. I have tried using Safari, Chrome and Firefox with the same result.

I am using an iPad Air running iOS 12.5.7.

Access through email apps is fine.

Access to the website if ok from my PC.

Access to my account and the Community works fine from the iPad.

Any ideas?

Steve
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

stephen54
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 1 of 26

Thanks @Ady-TalkTalk 

Steve

Message 2 of 26

Hi Steve, apologies I must have missed you when updating. We've been advised by the email platform provider that the IOS version must be 15 in order to ensure that our mail will work on your device. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk ,

Is there any update on this problem?

As far as my iPad is concerned nothing has changed.

Steve

Steve
0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

I don't think you're going to get it working unless we find the cause of the problem.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 26

Thanks.

I have tried several times over the last few days to login using the iPad with no luck.

Steve
0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Hi stephen54, we are still working on this.  As soon as we have any information we'll let you know. 

Ady

Message 7 of 26

Ok.

Thanks for the update.

Hope the Talk Talk team can find a cause and solution.

In the meantime I’ll keep trying and post if and when things get back to normal.

Thanks for all the help you’ve provided.

Steve

Message 8 of 26

Grateful thanks for trying. I cannot replicate the issue here at all. As the customer that was reporting the same issue as you said they'd had success just by clearing cache and cookies I thought it was worth another go.  It'll all help Ady and the Mail team to try and work out what's happening.

There are issues being caused by rogue advertising code and I can also see there's a stack of GDPR privacy manager code that's not found and other items of code that seem totally unrelated to TalkTalk. It's ultimately TalkTalk's obligation to ensure that TalkTalk Mail is working.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

Sorry, bad news.

Just tried accessing webmail on Safari.

After clearing the cache and cookies I typed in https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/ (as recommended in the TalkTalk email), after about 1 minute the browser stopped and displayed;  "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding".

Repeating the above a second time all I got was the spinning circle (in excess of 5 minutes) and that was it - nothing more.

Update: repeated on Opera, also failed to open webmail (time exceeds 3 minutes).

Steve
0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

Just to say that although you said you did try a different browser that has been reset to default settings, another customer now reports that the issue is resolved by clearing the browser cache and cookies. So have a go at that and let us know what happens and if the issue is fully resolved or only transiently resolved.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Thanks for the update.

Steve

Message 12 of 26

We are looking into this and have managed to replicate it intermittently. I'll post back as soon as I can.

Ady

Message 13 of 26

I’ve tried numerous URL’s.

The ones listed by @Gondola including the links he provided. I’ve also used the link supplied in the original email sent out by Talk Talk regarding the change to webmail and how to access it (i.e. not to use old bookmarked links).

I have also used URL’s obtained by doing a browser search for Talk Talk Webmail login.

When the browser then tries to open the login page “..../appsuite/“ is displayed.

Hope this helps.

Steve
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 26

Hi stephen54, can you confirm all the URLs you've tried to access webmail with please?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Ady will pick up on this later to ask the vendor team to have a look and in the meantime please collect and send your emails using email apps and the PC.

Message 16 of 26

Hi,

Update.

Tried downloading a separate Ad Blocker for Safari, unfortunately no improvement.

I appreciate the support you providing. Thanks.

Steve
0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

One final suggestion then is to download and use an ad-blocker to block advertising content. Just in case it's one of the tradehouse javascripts having an impact. Wouldn't be the first time that there's been conflict with the advertising and the operation of webmail for customers.

I'll also ask TalkTalk to start investigating. I know that Ady has seen this topic.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Hi,

Tried all you suggested with no luck.

I've checked iPad Web Content Settings and found that Screen Time is off, so there should be no restrictions through that.

I have also installed Opera and made no changes at all to it's settings and I get the same problem.

Steve
0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

I have only a software emulator for i-devices. No physical devices currently and I'm not able to replicate the issue.

You do have access to the mailbox via email apps and the PC so it's not clear why the iPad via any browser isn't able to access apps.talktalk.co.uk OR talktalk.co.uk/mail OR webmail.talktalk.co.uk... Try all three.

It's as though the website is blocked for that device. Worth going into the iPad Web content setting to allow access.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

Hi,

I’ve just timed my iPad and after typing the web address for Talk Talk webmail I waited over 5 minutes and all that was displayed was the spinning circle - never reached the login page.

Steve
0 Likes