email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete old e-mail mailbox account

IDTTAV8
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

My Account only allows the management of 5 mail boxes. I want to delete an old Tiscali mailbox account so that I can add an account that I use. Yesterday I tried to delete the old account but got the following error/warning message ‘Sorry, we cannot delete this mailbox at the moment. Please retry or come back later’. I have tried twice today (26th September 2019) with the same resulting error message.

Any thoughts as to why I can’t delete the old mailbox account?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi IDTTAV8, I've sent you a Personal Message to obtain the necessary security information to have this email deleted for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thank you

Message 3 of 6

Hi IDTTAV8 

I thought it might be that the mailbox is already deleted or flagged for deletion and if the account has remained inactive then that's why you cannot remove from MyAccount.

The TalkTalk team will be able to do that bit of tidying up for you and you'll get a reply here tomorrow.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

The account I want to delete has not been used in a very long time, much longer than six months.

I have updated my Personal Information to show the mailbox to be deleted. Please get the right mailbox 🙂 Thank you

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @IDTTAV8 

IDTTAV8 wrote: ...I want to delete an old Tiscali mailbox account so that I can add an account that I use. Yesterday I tried to delete the old account but got the following error/warning message ‘Sorry, we cannot delete this mailbox at the moment. Please retry or come back later’...

MyAccount does throw up errors from time to time so it may just be a temporary error. Or the requested operation cannot be completed because the mailbox is deleted / suspended / unavailable.

Have you recently (last 6 months) signed in to the mailbox that you now wish to delete?

The TalkTalk team will be able to take your authorisation to delete a mailbox entry from your MyAccount. I'll alert them for you.

So that they can identify you and the mailbox, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.  Make it very clear that the email address is the one for deletion.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes