cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot send and receive emails between talktalk email addresses

tonjac
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

My wife and I both have talktalk email addresses but since at least this morning cannot send or receive emails between us. We can both send and receive with non talktalk email addresses - the problem is just between talktalk email addresses

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Excellent, thanks for confirming.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

tonjac
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hi

Yes we are able to send and receive now

Thanks for your help

tonjac

Message 3 of 5

I've re-tested and TalkTalk Mail to TalkTalk Mail is restored.

My diagnosis is that the overnight maintenance involved TalkTalk systems for MyAccount and links to the TalkTalk SMTP mail server banks.

The mail messages don't appear to have been buffered on any mail servers or notified in bounced messages so just lost in transmission because of the systems outage.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi @tonjac 

I'm confirming your report. TalkTalk Mail outgoing to TalkTalk Mail and other mail services is only received by the other mail services.  There's no bounceback error message to indicate to the TalkTalk originator that the message has not been received by a TalkTalk recipient.

I've looked at the mail servers and they seem to be responding as normal so this looks like a failure at the TalkTalk Mail platform to connect to the TalkTalk SMTP servers via the TalkTalk DNS.  Other mail services can find the TalkTalk DNS and get mail to the TalkTalk Inbox.

There is planned maintenance tonight that's already underway and is stated to affect MyAccount. If that maintenance has taken offline a link to the TalkTalk SMTP servers then that would account for the fault. So, my suggestion is to wait until tomorrow morning, say 9am, just to allow the maintenance an overrun window. Then retest. I'll do the same.