email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant connect to tiscali.co.uk email using Outlook or IOS MAIL

ijb55987
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Outlook is continually asking for the password and Mail on iphone and ipad state Cannot Get Mail, verify that you have entered the correct account information in settings.

None of the account information has been changed, I have been accessing email regularly via all 3 devices until yesterday when they all suddenly stopped working. What have Talk Talk changed to cause this problem?

Ian Bolton
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 7

Hi ijb55987,  please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Ian

Good to know that the mailbox is working as expected for both send and receive. 

It's standard troubleshooting to make sure that the mailbox is working properly before moving on to find out why the email clients are not interacting as expected. 

If you're a TalkTalk Consumer customer please confirm that the email address is listed in the customer MyAccount. Sign in to MyAccount, select My Services and then Manage TalkTalk Mail. 

The reason for asking is that if not added to the TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount then the mailbox can be restricted to webmail only access; which is the situation you're reporting. 

If already added to MyAccount the initial diagnosis would be that the password is seen by the SMTP Outgoing Mail Server as being too weak / not compliant with current security requirements. 

What are your thoughts? Password less than 8 characters or not using multi-case letters plus number(s) and symbol?

If so, might just be a case of needing to upgrade the password? Changing your email password 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 7

Still not working, and I got no help at all from two calls I made to the helpline last night.  I was even told by one that TalkTalk no longer allows customers to access email via any means other than TalkTalk Webmail.  

I can log into web mail and send and receive email no problem.

My issue is that, since Monday, I cannot access the account from any email client I just continually get an error saying no password even though the correct password is stored in the client  account information and has been previously accepted.

I have tried deleting the account and reinstalling it again on my ipad, when i fill in the fields for my name, email and password It then successfully looks up the account and fills in the incoming and outgoing mail server settings for IMAP correctly, but states "no password provided for tiscali.co.uk" even though the password field is correctly filled.

I have the same issue with my Outlook client continually asking for the password to be supplied even though it is correctly provided and has worked for many months until Monday when it suddenly stopped working.

What 's gone wrong at TalkTalk to cause this problem?

Ian Bolton
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

I don't think you understood my problem.

I can log into web mail and send and receive email no problem.

My issue is that, since Monday, I cannot access the account from any email client I just continually get an error saying no password even though the correct password is stored in the client  account information and has been previously accepted.

I have tried deleting the account and reinstalling it again on my ipad, when i fill in the fields for my name, email and password It then successfully looks up the account and fills in the incoming and outgoing mail server settings for IMAP correctly, but states "no password provided for tiscali.co.uk" even though the password field is correctly filled.

I have the same issue with my Outlook client continually asking for the password to be supplied even though it is correctly provided and has worked for many months until Monday when it suddenly stopped working.

What 's gone wrong at TalkTalk to cause this problem?

Ian Bolton
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi ijb55987, please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @ijb55987 

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the tiscali.co.uk email address, notes and references etc and then save changes.

First, check that the mailbox is working on send and receive. Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution