cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Compromised Email Account

bmchase
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Hi, our Email account appears to have been compromised, I say this because people have received spam/fake emails from us and we have not received any email since Monday, we normally use Outlook, but when I checked via Webmail, nothing was coming in there either, Also there were two more accounts attached to ours which have been used for spamming people with fake emails. I phoned and spoke to someone Monday who very vaguely said there was an "issue" with email and your engineers were looking into it. I have been unable to find any status page verifying this and we are now almost a week without email.

What do I need to do to resolve this and get the email back.

Passwords were changed and soon as I realised something was wrong.

There is now a support call open for this

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi bmchase, your inbox is show 59 unread mails. The spam you received is spam that's spoofing your own email address. Is the mail forward thats in place to outlook is you? If not we need to stop that immediately. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes