cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Content rejected (TT992) Error when gmail sends verification email

BillGayler
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

I am attempting to configure my gmail account to act as a mail relay for my lineone email account. This has worked previously but I started getting random DMARK rejections so I decided to set it up again from new.

When google sends the verification email to my lineone.net mailbox at the end of the process, I get this message reported

"The response from the remote server was:

552 5.2.0 SMirpBzhNRNe6SMirpBiIg Content rejected (TT992)".

I have tried multiple times today with the same response each time.

Test emails from gmail to lineone go through successfully.

Can anyone help please?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Explain what you mean by act as a relay for your lineone email account. Are you wanting to use Gmail to send mail via the TalkTalk servers as though it was being sent from the lineone.net email address. i.e. the Send mail as function in Gmail?

You may have tried too many times because TT992 is a hard block on the send-as-noreply@google.com confirmation email.

If you were getting random DMARC rejections before then my diagnosis is that you were still using the out of date legacy settings for lineone. i.e. not using the mail send via smtp.talktalk.net and or not using the Gmail Secured connection on port 587 using TLS.

So, some more detail is required.

Also are you a current TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer or a paying subscriber to TalkTalk MailPlus that is what's needed for former customers to retain the long term use of legacy addresses including lineone.net domain addresses?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution