cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Deleted mailbox cannot be deleted from list

PhilT23
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 3 of 3

One of my 5 mailboxes has been automatically deleted as it has not been used.  It still appears on my list of mailboxes but I can find no way of deleting it in the list.

I wish to create a new mailbox to utilise my entitlement of 5 mailboxes in my account.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi PhilT23, if you follow Gondola's advice to get your mailbox deleted the data protection team will be able to sort it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

You're right that the email address no longer exists.

A system deleted mailbox does not automatically remove the entry from the list of Mailboxes in your customer MyAccount. But that means you cannot delete the entry from your MyAccount. The reason is that the delete process needs to find an active mailbox to complete its process. Therefore as the automatic processes are not set up for this scenario a manual intervention is required.

Either TalkTalk Support will remove that entry or seek approval from the Data Protection team to delete the entry or ask you to Contact the Data Protection team to have your deleted mailbox address removed from your MyAccount. You can initiate that approach yourself via Customer Services.

But the next part of your request is to create an additional mailbox as the TalkTalk policy says you can have up to 5 mailboxes. The reality is that TalkTalk have withdrawn the ability to add and create new mailboxes. We haven't been told why or when the creation of mailboxes might be returned.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution