email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabled mailbox

Bloodboy
Popular Poster
Message 21 of 21

If I recall correctly, sometime ago I set up a new talktalk email address but never used it. I have forgotten the password I would have used to create it.

The email address appears in Tools, Email accounts but in trying to use it, my test emails come back with error 550RCPT mailbox disabled.

How do I recover the original password and/or reactivate the email address?

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Thanks for letting me know. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

I have tried both with no luck on either

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

I've been asked to confirm that when you're trying to add the mail, you were using the email password not the MyAccount password. Is that right? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

No it's still being investigated. I'll send you over to the CEO team as a complaint and see if they have a back door fix for you as I no longer have one. 

Message 5 of 21

Hi Ady

Did you manage to get anywhere with this?

Regards

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Thanks for letting me know. I've passed this over to be investigated for you. I'll post back once I know more. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

HI

If I try add an existing Talktalk mailbox I get-

Error:

Sorry something went wrong and we were unable to add the TalkTalk email. Please try again later.

If I try create a mailbox I get-

Error:

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

I doubt you're doing anything wrong. I think it's the system. What error message are you getting when it doesn't work? 

Message 9 of 21

Hi Ady

Sorry for the delay but I still cannot  set up the email account, I have gone in through My Account, Manage Email and tried both Create a Mailbox and Add an existing Mailbox but neither will work.

I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Any ideas please

Regards

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

When trying to add one to MyAccount it doesn't want your email password it's asking for your MyAccount password to confirm that you're the account holder before it lets you change your password. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi Ady

Sorry to ask for more help but I went into Talktalkmail, Manage Email, My Account and tried to add an existing mailbox as the one we are discussing is not showing there but I cannot recall the password I created when I originally set it up. To request a forgotten password seems to send an email to that same email address but I cannot access it.

i also tried the create a mailbox option but it would not accept that either.

Ideas please.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

The password for the mailbox I've reactivated for you. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi Ady

Many thanks for soring this out, which password do I need to change?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi Bloodboy, you now have access to the mailbox again. You must change the password as soon as you can. This will ensure the account remains safe and that the account won't get blocked again. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Thanks Bloodboy, I've sent you a personal message. You don't have a telephone enquiry password setup it would be a good idea to do that before replying to my message. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Email address now in private notes, thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

If you add the email address to the private notes section of your community profile and I'll check it for you. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Just to confirm the email address I am having problems with is obscured for customer security

Is that one showing on the database?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 21

Hi Bloodboy, that email address hasn't been blocked and is still showing on the database. If you can't send email to from the mailbox to the mailbox then I'll have to raise a fault ticket for it to be fixed for you. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 20 of 21

Hi @Bloodboy 

If the mailbox hasn't been signed in to for over 180 days then it'll be flagged for deletion and fully deleted after a year.  When was the last time you signed in?

Are you a TalkTalk broadband customer?

Password Reset details may have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive the reset. Please do try the Reset your Password option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password that way or let us know what the error messages are from there.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes