cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Disappearing incoming emails

DebbieJP
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Some of my emails are disappearing when I open them. This has happened to TalkTalk emails and an email received from M&S today. I've looked in other folders, they are nowhere to be seen. Any advice would be appreciated - Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi DebbieJP, the number of mails isn't a problem. I gave the detail in case it helped you locate your mails. If you weren't showing a similar number in the inbox it would be a concern. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

DebbieJP
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hi Ady,

I have checked my email account - I have 274 messages in my inbox, 215 unread.

Would this be a problem?

In recent months I have cleared thousands to minimise my account - would that have been the catalyst?

Emails continue to disappear once opened.

I have changed my email address for some items to ensure I dont lose important things - I'm thinking I need to do this for everything, including my TalkTalk account.

Look forward to your response

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

I've just checked your mailbox on our systems and can see that you've got 427 unread emails. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

DebbieJP
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi Ady, I'm accessing via the Web, using Google Chrome on both phone and laptop. Ps, your email has disappeared, I'm accessing this message on the Community Forum. 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi DebbieJP, how many devices do you have collecting mail and do you have them all set to IMAP or are some using POP settings?

Ady

0 Likes