cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email Registration

DerekIFox1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

From community I have followed "Manage email now" , signed in to My account and taken to a page with a

20230611_124136.jpg

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi DereklFox1, that error message indicates an issue with your MyAccount that's part of a wider incident. However, we've also turned off the ability to create email addresses at the moment.  I've no idea when this will be lifted, but when it is your account will still be affected by the incident. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

I don't see any publicity / advertisements for Full Fibre as including any reference to TalkTalk Mail or Mailboxes. But there are references to Broadband customers having 5 mailboxes. See the MailPlus help content for example, underneath where it says FREE FOR TALKTALK CUSTOMERS.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

They are still advertising email facilities as part of full fibre package.  So in effect they are either false advertising or failing to forfil their end of the contract.

I may lodge a formal complaint with this in mind.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Further to my first reply, not that this will be the answer you wanted to see, I have been advised by a TalkTalk Case Manager, that I asked to investigate what was or might be possible in the future for Full Fibre customers like us, and the reply was "... I have looked into the records and also the associated policies and I can confirm that unfortunately our records do indicate that we will not be able to provide an TalkTalk.net Email address...."

The mainstream advice you'll often see is that it's usually best to create an email address that's not tied to any one ISP. e.g. Gmail, Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Mail, for example. In doing so you're not locked in to paying fees or having a restricted email service when you leave an ISP. Many ISP's no longer offer an Email service as it's too costly to provide. 

Having said that, I do use existing TalkTalk email addresses and the TalkTalk Mail platform from Open-Xchange is a very capable platform for both webmail and IMAP connections.

I was advised recently, by TalkTalk Tech Support, that a TalkTalk Mail platform upgrade is due. However, there's no published details from TalkTalk nor any indication of whether Full Fibre customers will benefit from such an upgrade, if it happens. It did take TalkTalk over a year from inception to launch to switch customers from the former platform to Open-Xchange.

0 Likes

DerekIFox1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Even the wiz kids on the chat line can't help me. Any ideas how I can create a talktalk mail account?

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Same as my Full Fibre MyAccount. The message banner means you cannot add or create new TalkTalk email accounts.