cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email address is nit recognised.

Itsrainman
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I have a problem with one of the five emails associated to my talktalk account. 

I can login into webmail and see the account, there are no emails in the account. From the webmail access I can send an email to my other talktalk account and also my work account. It arrives no problem. 

however if I respond back or try to send a new email I get the message that email address does not exist @ talktalk. 

I have tried the chat with talktalk support and to be honest it was a waste of time as they could not get their head around the problem. They insisted it was a problem with the browser and not the account. 

I tried three different browsers on three different devices and all give the same issue. 

it has worked in the past as my Apple account is registered to it and also a Windows account.

however I need to reset the Windows account login but never receive an email to reset it. 

I dont want to delete the email account if at all possible. 

Any ideas?

there are no rules on the account. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Itsrainman, it sounds like the email address has been deleted. If its gone from the database it cannot be reinstated. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Itsrainman
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hello,

The email address has been inactive as I was using it for my son who is 10 so was not monitoring it as his IT is locked down and most accounts are against my email. It was used to give his device its own account. 

I can login into webmail @ talktalk for the email address and send an email from it. 

Tried changing the password but this made no difference. 

verifalia reports the below. 

Classification:

Undeliverable
Invalid email address: the mailbox for the email address does not exist.

If it has been marked as inactive, is it possible to get it reinstated?

thanks
T

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Has the mailbox been in active use during the last 6 months? Mailboxes are flagged for deletion if the user doesn't sign in at least once every 180 days. The help page  Deleted Email error message explains more.

So first you'd check if the email address is still active. Send the email address a mail message and see if you get an immediate bounceback error message saying 'Undeliverable' that means the mailbox isn't active.

Then  enter the email address at Verifalia, an external website that verifies if an email address exists. Enter the email address, complete the reCAPTCHA and select the Validate button. Does the top line response say 'Deliverable' or something else?

Finally, use the Reset password now button in the Help page  Changing your email password to see if you get a deleted or no domain error message or if you actually do have password recovery options saved.

Let us know the outcome in each case.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution