cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email from gmail accounts rejected with error code TT992

TTuser9000
First Timer
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

This started today (12/4/2023). A collegaue reported he was getting the rejected error message back after emailing to my <>@tiscali.co.uk email address (which I've used for absolutely years). Code TT992 was stated in the error.

What has changed! if there has been a planned change to Talk Talk's email systems then has that been fully tested, user tested, operationally tested and only then rolled out into production ??? Seems like it hasn't.

@Talk talk: Please give an eta to fix this asap as it's causing all sorts of issues for me and my business.

Thank you

G P

TTuser9000
9 REPLIES 9

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 10

Hi all, there's an open incident for this issue. You can follow it on the service status dashboard.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Just done several ests and all Gmail seems to be resorted now, sending and riving fromGmail is working fully.

Marnoch
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

Just done a check with Gmail and friend Gmail and it seems to be back working OK... suggest a test of your own.. 15:25 Wednesday 12th April.

Lets hope it has been fixed.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

@strawberry5 If you are a TalkTalk Business customer then you will need to take the issue up with them, although it could well be related to what we are seeing here. 

0 Likes

strawberry5
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

It looks like the whole GMAIL domain is blocked.  I tried a direct send from GMAIL app on android and web-based GMAIL and got same message.  My CUSTOMERS use GMAIL.  Even an empty email or email with "sent from my tablet" is "content blocked".  Come on TT, you are costing people MONEY.  I wasn't having a problem until yesterday afternoon when a conversation to GMAIL customer suddenly stopped mid-afternoon (UK time).

Marnoch
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Looking at the list of complaints on this issue TT have put Gmail on a spam listing and all that forward mail to TT from Gmail are suffereing and this has been going on for about 10 days now.

Hope they sort it soon.

0 Likes

roncarey
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

yep, seeing the same, tried a number of gmail accounts and all rejected with 'Content Rejected (TT992)'.   Thankfully still able to receive emails from other domains.

0 Likes

GBy123
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Me too.   Did my own post yesterday.     Not heard a squeak from TalkTalk yet and cannot find anything about it online.   Early days, but hopefully someone will look at this quickly.   An acknowledgement there is an issue would be nice.  

0 Likes

Conradfan
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

I have had this problem for several days with emails forwarded from a Gmail account.

Error message is

Reporting-MTA: dns; googlemail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns; groupupdates@facebookmail.com
Arrival-Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 13:41:33 -0700 (PDT)
X-Original-Message-ID: <3ad54f2a-d8a9-11ed-bd32-c7db373d9551@facebookmail.com>

Final-Recipient: rfc822; john.davey@talktalk.net
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx.talktalk.net. (62.24.202.42, the server for the domain talktalk.net.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 552 5.2.0 mKo2pbhiMaWqQmKo5pb67L Content rejected (TT992)
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 13:41:39 -0700 (PDT)