email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email on android

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Cannot send emails from android tablet  says cannot connect to smtp server.  Incoming ok

Have not been into email settings for months so all entries are fine and checked just suddenly started pm yesterday

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thanks for letting us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Just an acquired glitch in the settings or software that a forced reload fixes.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 5

brilliant   thanks gondola  turn off back on   all ok now      why would the outgoing stop and incoming settings be accepted   in this case??  that would need a restart to tablet

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi paja32 

Have you done the standard power off / power back on routine?  Is it the built in email app or the gMail app or Outlook for Android or something else?

If you open the app and go to settings and scroll down to the outgoing server settings to check then when done the app verifies the server settings so you know if the setup is good.

These are the Incoming and Outgoing server settings for the TalkTalk.net email account. Let me know if it's a different email domain you're having trouble with.

Account Type  IMAP (recommended)
Username username@talktalk.net
Password Yes
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port 993
Incoming Security Type SSL/TLS
Outgoing SMTP server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Security Type STARTTLS
Require sign-in Yes

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution