cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email settings

andycp
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

My email account that I changed the settings for has been locked out like others have. It won't let me change the settings now , my partner has a similar account that looks like I didn't change settings but that works. How do I get them back on my Android ?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi andycp, I've added your mailbox to the list to be restored.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Ady, not sure where you meant but in the first page of profile I have account number, primary email address and faulty email address now.

andycp

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi andycp, please add the affected email address in the private notes section of your community profile only you and staff can access that section.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi Ady , I replied with the email  but don't know if you will see it.

My profile has my broadband number if that helps. Other than that I don't think I should post account and primary email on forum 

andycp

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Ady , I have emailed my account and primary email address via the tech support email 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi andycp, I'll need you to provide the primary account if the one given is an alias. All settings are done via the primary. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

In fact those were sent from my phone.

The webmail is still working though for sending and  receiving . 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Ady

The last email I sent was on the 18th to test it was still working and it is.

The last email I received was on the 17th. The email has always been my main address. It is a sub account of my main talktalk account

Message 9 of 17

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

Could you have another look for @andycp please. I found that the email address in question was coming up as 'No domain' via the TalkTalk authentication for password recovery (i.e. apparently deleted) BUT was flagging as 'Deliverable' on the TalkTalk Mail platform when checked via Verifalia.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi andycp, I'm afraid that the email address you're asking for help with is not list on the email database. When were you last able to send and receive in webmail.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

On the basis that you have got the secure settings ready I'll request TalkTalk restore full access. TalkTalk Support will respond here next week. 

The email software and email app will authenticate the connection and settings when the app is able to connect to the mailbox.

Are you able to access webmail in the meantime?

Message 12 of 17

Hi I have android 12 and had the above settings. But they won't save.

As  I said I can still send emails from my phone.

When I check my settings on the talk talk account it has nothing showing in SMTP settings. I can't add them and save though.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

For your family security I've removed the image from your post and moved it to your Hidden images folder.

What model phone and what version of Android is it running?

For example, an up to date Samsung email app needs the following incoming and outgoing server settings:

NOTE that all TalkTalk Consumer domains including UKGateway require the exact same server settings.

IMAP Incoming server: mail.talktalk.net

Security type: SSL

Port: 993

SMTP Outgoing server: smtp.talktalk.net

Security type: TLS

Port: 587

Require authentication to send emails: ON

Or if you have a POP3 email account then:

POP3 Incoming server: mail.talktalk.net

Security type: SSL

Port: 995

I'll provide the guide to Android device setup below.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device

0 Likes

andycp
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 17

Just to add , I can still send emails from my phone

0 Likes

Private Message

Message 15 of 17

Thanks for your reply, I spent over an hour on the help chat but the outcome was dismissive. I believe I was told reset your settings in 3 to 4 hours just to get rid of me.  I even sent the image from my website s account

Moderator note:  Image moderated.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

TalkTalk will notify you in advance of TalkTalk Mail being limited to webmail only access if:

• You're not a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer or MailPlus subscriber
    Or the mailbox address is not added to an active customer MyAccount
  • Any device email software, email app, or mail collection service connects to your mailbox using insecure settings
    Secure mail connections to your mailbox must all be made using a minimum of TLS 1.2 encryption security and sign in using the email address and email password
  • There's continued use of out of date email software, operating system or legacy email settings
    We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides

What version of android?

And do you access the mailbox via any other methods? Mail collection service, desktop, laptop, notebook, other phone, other tablet? We'd like to offer advice on compatibility of devices and email softwares but need to know how you use email. Device, Operating system, email software and version just to make sure they're all capable of secure mail and you have the right guides to follow to check the settings once TalkTalk Support restore access to your mailbox next week. I'll request that for you but note that the devices will not authenticate the password until full access is restored by TalkTalk Support.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Webmail should be working to keep you in touch over the weekend.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

0 Likes