cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails from Talk Talk

capers62
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi

Earlier today, I received an email from TT entitled "We're improving your TalkTalk Mail experience".

If this is a genuine email from Talk Talk rather than spam, can I ask that you address the message to the sender by name instead of only using the greeting "Hi".

It's not the first time that this has happened despite the obvious concerns about phishing emails and security although at least it is not requesting that I log into what could be a fraudulent account.

I also attempted to directly reply to the email and received the following response "Thank you for your email. Just to let you know that we are unable to respond to you via this channel".

There was no indication that this would not be possible in terms of a 'no reply' return email address.

Kind regards,

Andy

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

capers62
Team Player
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for the clarification.

Although "just notifying the mailbox itself" I would prefer the email to have a personal greeting though appreciate that in itself this is not a guarantee that the message is genuine and the other points you mentioned are relevant. 

Kind regards,

Andy

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

The genuine email is from <info@consumer.talktalk.co.uk> and although there's a link to a video to show what's on the way you are not ever asked to click on a link to verify / upgrade / validate or update your details.  TalkTalk never ask you to enter any personal details or password and the mail migration is wholly automatic.

The mail team aren't looking at personal data associated with mailbox addresses just notifying the mailbox itself of the proposed migration to the new look mail platform. i.e. it's informational only with no action whatsoever required on your part.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution