cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Lost emails after trying to move folder to outlook

vicky_nicholas
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I totally cocked up, and lost the content of some folders whilst trying to move them to an outlook account (I'm losing my talktalk email in a month).  After realising my mistake I moved the folders back but they were still empty. nb for the remaining folders I copied rather than moved them, which worked fine.

Anyhow, some of the lost emails are very important and I have tried every search feature going, so does anyone know if there is anyway to retrieve the missing emails?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Thanks for the quick response.  Unfortunately, that's what I thought the answer would be ☹️

I've done all the usual searches in webmail, with no success, so I think I'm just going to have to accept they're gone. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail and look at the Folder view and or use the Search function there. It's possible that the folder and its content are still in the online mailbox.  Look in the Trash folder for deleted mail messages.

If you cannot find the content you're searching for online and you haven't got a backup copy locally then I'm the bearer of unwelcome news as TalkTalk do not offer a backup service to recover lost messages.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution