cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails from tiscali.co.uk account go to spam folder for Gmail recipients

Bruce-WH
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi, Since mid-February my tiscali.co.uk emails, sent using TalkTalk Webmail, are ending up in the spam folder of Gmail user accounts, although I have never sent spam. Reporting this to Gmail (3 times) has received zero response, and Tiscali Help just say their email servers are working correctly and it's a Gmail issue!
I have tried researching Gmail's articles about avoiding emails being identified by Gmail as spam, and Gmail made changes in this area earlier in 2024, see :

https://support.google.com/a/answer/81126

As a first question, does anyone know whether TalkTalk has email authentication set up for the tiscali.co.uk domain using either SPF or DKIM?

I am not a bulk email sender, but I do use email a lot for various committees etc that I am on, as well as friends and family, and it is exasperating how many of my emails have not been picked up by Gmail recipients, as they have gone to their spam folders. Of course, a Gmail user can mark one of my emails as 'not spam' and that avoids the problem recurring - but I don't always have other contact details for recipients.

Are other Tiscali users of TalkTalk webmail having this problem? If so, it would suggest that there is a problem with the webmail sending configuration.
I suppose changing to use Outlook with my tiscali.co.uk email account might get round the problem, but I like TalkTalk webmail.
Any advice welcomed!  

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

TalkTalk mail is compliant with all industry requirements. I'm still waiting to find out why Gmail haven't lifted the filtering. The mail always gets delivered and is always received in the spam folders.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'll ask Ady to confirm this for you. He is back tomorrow.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Bruce-WH
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi Ady, Thanks for your comments, which show that you are experiencing the same problem.
My question really though, is have the TalkTalk email team made any necessary changes for tiscali.co.uk email users of Talk Talk's webmail service to meet the requirements of Gmail since Gmail amended them in February?
Just to confirm, I haven't changed the frequency, or general style, content or range of recipients of emails I have been sending that might cause Gmail to consider that I was sending spam.
Thanks, Bruce-WH

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Bruce-WH, Gmail changed the way they processed mail a few months back and it pushes a lot of genuine mails into spam. I've have this with mails to my gmail from a vet I've dealt with for years. We raised a ticket with gmail back when this started. I've not been able to get an update from our email admins on this issue. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes