cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Forwarding email from Gmail to TalkTalk

chucky3
First Timer
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

I have my Gmail account to automatically forward emails to TalkTalk.  With the exception of one particular sender, this has worked OK for in excess of 10 years. Now today all emails are blocked, the error message being:

552 5.2.0 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Content rejected (TT992)

What is going on ?  How can I get the functionality back ?

Thanks.

25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

I've just tested a Gmail account send to 3 TalkTalk Mail mailboxes and all were received without any significant delay. I can say there is no network block based on my test.

If you auto forward mail received by Gmail onto TalkTalk then be aware that if the original sender does not permit Google servers to deliver mail then TalkTalk will fail the authentication and at the very least will defer for scanning. A TT992 bounceback is a spam rejection message.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

chucky3
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 26

This problem has just started again today with a vengeance.  Many emails are being rejected.  What is going on at TalkTalk ?

0 Likes

chucky3
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 26

Seems to have resolved itself today, thanks.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 26

Hi all, is your mail working normally now?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Keep an eye on updates for this issue in the Service Status Dashboard, @andysue.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Service-Status-Dashboard/bd-p/service

Current update:

Screenshot_20230413-074631_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

andysue
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 6 of 26

I am still having blocked email come through:

The response from the remote server was:

552 5.2.0 mjIgpmsy2gTvmmjIipE2Mo DMARC Verification Failed (TT602)

It said important info from your bank

So I went into gmail & found it in my Bin! I managed to read it & decided to put it into my inbox.

It vanished?

Thanks talktalk I am now losing my emails. It was working yesterday afternoon, the worst thing is no one ever tells you from talktalk exactly what is going on.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

@Rochelle, every post added after I escalated the thread would have delayed it reaching staff.

The normal queuing system in the forum workflow would apply.

In an emergency (eg any loss of service) it's important that you do use the Chat / phone support available as, while cumbersome, it is in real time.

Forum staff are working through posts from oldest to newest, so not the place to expect an immediate response.

Glad it seems to be sorted for you now. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 26

I escalated it 8 hours ago, but it took till c 6pm for them to post anything about it! They are still working on it.....

Screenshot_20230412-203636_Chrome.jpg

Message 9 of 26

Yes it all returned to normal an hour or so after I reported it to webchat. I then spent all afternoon on my Gmail webmail forwarding important emails to my Outlook as no way do talktalk ever manage to send those email once the undelivered noticed  has appeared!!

All it needed was Ady or one of the other TT moderators on here to have picked up we were having problems from all the posts !!  They used to be so on the ball. Don't know what has happened!!

0 Likes

davidl1
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 26

Thanks all, everything seems to be working.

Regards 

David
0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Thank you for all your help, I can confirm the issue has been resolved for me.

davidl1
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 26

Thanks, I tried on Twitter, but I am sure they don't have a clue, let's hope something is actioned soon.

Regards 

David
0 Likes

mikes23
First Timer
Private Message
Message 13 of 26

I have had the same problem for a couple of days  from Gmail to Talk Talk.

0 Likes

Rochelle
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 26

I have been in touch with webchat and they seemed to be unaware of the problem.  I let them know in no uncertain terms that it is probably affecting thousands of customers!! @Gliwmaeden2  

andysue
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 15 of 26

I am having the same problem, I am having emails from banks etc not forwarding, I have spent ages on this trying to sort it changing settings.

mine comes up with :-

The response from the remote server was:

552 5.2.0 mYDTpml8LL2IemYDUpGTgP Content rejected (TT992)

What on earth is going on?

0 Likes

Discopoli1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 16 of 26

I have exactly the same happening.  And even a message originated in gmail was blocked!

Answer, please!

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Thank you, you are a star!

Message 18 of 26

Mine have been blocked since yesterday and I have only just realised!! I have  missed amazon deliveries and other important emails . |I can't believe no one in authority has answered. Have just beento the main protal to try to fnd something out from webchat but I can't even seem to access it!!

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 26

I'll try to flag this to staff.

So far nothing showing in Service Status Dashboard. 

Message 20 of 26

I just wish TT would acknowledge an issue & give us all an estimate of when it will be resolved