cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cant access my old pipex account

Sir_Talbot_Buxomly
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

My old pipex email account was working fine until either Thursday or Friday last week.

Now, I keep getting the errors:

Sending of password for user XXXXXX@dsl.pipex.com did not succeed. Mail server mail.talktalk.net responded: [AUTH] Authentication failed.

Login to server mail.talktalk.net with username XXXXXX@dsl.pipex.com failed.

I haven't changed anything since last week, so has anyone any idea what's going on?

I use Thunderbird as my email client, and have for years.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Thunderbird is nicely up to date. The host server names must end in .talktalk.net and use SSL/TLS connection security for the incoming server and STARTTLS for the outgoing server and normal password authentication for both.

Good to know you have had success with a password upgrade. I appreciate your time to let me know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Sir_Talbot_Buxomly
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thanks!

I tried to login to Webmail but it wouldn't work, so I reset the password and now it's working fine.

I use the Thunderbird (v. 115.4.3) email client by the way, and have a dual boot of Windows 10 and Windows 11.

🍻👍

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

First check that webmail access works. That's your fall back option.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail pipex email address, select Continue and enter the pipex password, select Sign in.

I'll need to know what email client software you're using, what version it is and what the Operating system is for the device you're running that software on.  That applies to all your email devices that you connect to your mailbox because all must use the same secure protocol.

The error message indicates that your password may not be compliant with security or you're still using unencrypted email settings.

The password must be at least 8 characters, multicase letters and at least one number and one symbol. The mail must be encrypted to TLS 1.2 standard using SSL/TLS on port 993 for IMAP secure (995 for secure POP3) incoming mail and STARTTLS on port 587 for outgoing mail.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution