cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

I would like an email account

JohnDodge
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

How can I create an email account when I do not have a TalkTalk email account or email address?  I have been trying to do this since mid November and cannot do it.  The web page shows this statement,  " Please Note - we have temporarily removed the create/delete mailbox functionality as we are performing some backend maintenance work on our email platform. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause."  I have spent several hours on the help line and get nothing.  I am beginning to think that TalkTalk do not want me to have an email account.  The only way I can now see how to get an email account is to go to another ISP!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

@strider57 has a gripe with Gmail and nothing to do with not being able to create a new TalkTalk email address.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

strider57
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 13

Talk Talk email is in a dire mess. My advice is dont even think about using them as an email provider, Ive had enough with their abysmal service standard and will just bin this one after Ive created an outlook address. My life is spent on trying to get sense out of their support teams, but they are either AI generated or they read off a script, its a waste of time for everyone. And yes, I pay the £5 a month, but a fool and his money are easily parted. My own fault for believing they could actually offer a service.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

They shouldn't have given you a credit so you've done well to get that. We've been given no date for when the ability to create or delete mailboxes will return and we cannot create one for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

JohnDodge
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 13

Hi Ady, nobody has provided me with any useful information regarding an email address or mailbox?  I have been on to the TalkTalk support in the Philippines again and they have assured me, again that they will get in touch with me in 48 hours with a solution, one way or another and have also given me a reduction in my bill this month for the inconvenience caused?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi JohnDodge, Gondola has provided you with the right information re creation of a new TalkTalk email address. I'm not privvy as to why we temporarily prevented the creation of new accounts and we still haven't been given an expected date for this to be restored.  I'm sorry I don't have more information for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 13

If you're an existing customer then you will know you don't pay anything for email.  See this help content about TalkTalk Mail and MailPlus that is a subscription service for ex TalkTalk customers. See, TalkTalk say Broadband & Fibre customers can take advantage of our new mail service with up to 5 mailboxes totally free of charge. So unless you were paying for TalkTalk Mail Plus as an ex TalkTalk customer then there is no added charge for TalkTalk Mail whether you use it or not.

So, have you never taken advantage of TalkTalk Mail? Never created any talktalk.net addresses or added any existing and active legacy addresses to your customer MyAccount? Currently, nobody can create new talktalk.net addresses. So you may have lost the ability to take advantage of TalkTalk Mail.

TalkTalk has not made public its plans for TalkTalk Mail. TalkTalk's owners are currently trying to sell the TalkTalk Consumer business. The newspapers report that Virgin Media O2 are back in the frame with a bid. Given that Virgin Media O2 do not offer email to new customers do you think it likely that TalkTalk Mail will continue as a free service? 

If it's of interest, the Virgin Media mail platform for their existing customers only is from Open Xchange, the same vendor that provides TalkTalk Mail for TalkTalk Consumer.

JohnDodge
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 13

I do not want an email set up for free, I am an existing TalkTalk customer and have been for over 10 years.  I already have a Gmail account so all I want is what I am paying for?  Seems like a very simple task.

The web pages for TalkTalk are reporting how good and slick the email system is and is available to current customers, so I don't know where you get your strange information from? looks like you are just making it up.

From the current web pages,

We recently contacted you regarding changing how you access your emails, this could be using either of the following:

• email software on your computer or laptop
  • email apps on your mobile or tablet devices

We will be implementing these changes at the end of October, from this date, if you have not made these changes then it is likely you will only be able to access your emails via  TalkTalk Webmail

Managing your talktalk.net account

Change the password

You can reset your password in My Account, see Managing your email in My Account for help (Please note that the My Account password does not change the Mail password)

Link back another email address

You're able to link an existing TalkTalk, Tiscali (lineone, etc) email address to your TalkTalk broadband account so you can manage it from My Account. You can add an account in My Account and also manage My Account Email and Password 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

I've given you what I consider to be the best answer.

TalkTalk have not for some time advertised that their packages include email for new customers. You're inferring there's a promise to provide email. I've had two full fibre packages with TalkTalk and neither was advertised as including email. The fact that the help content and customer MyAccounts include links to mailboxes is for customers that already have email.

But given that my answers aren't what you want to see or appreciate I have merged your two duplicate topics here and asked TalkTalk Support to give you their understanding of why no customers can create new talktalk.net email addresses.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Maybe TalkTalk cannot afford to offer new 'free' email accounts. TalkTalk have to pay Open Xchange, the mail service vendor, for each mailbox.

If you want a 'free' email account then the Gmail, Yahoo Mail and Outlook.com services are there and are ISP independent so don't get cancelled when you switch ISP.  Or there are several good paid for mail services.

But if you want to switch ISP which one are you going to go to that bundles in email for new customers? Not any of the BT Group, not Virgin Media, not Vodafone, not Sky. There are a whole slew of email services that have ceased over the last few years because companies are cutting costs by cutting out email. 

There are two good ISP's that do bundle in good email, Zen Internet and Aquiss for example. Both highly rated.

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 10 of 13

I have the same problem!  I have been trying to set up my email since November last year.  I have spent hours on the phone to Talk Talk support in the Philippines and got absolutely nowhere.  Do Talk Talk not want me to have an email account?   If not please say so and I will change to another ISP.  Can anyone help with a proper answer to this? 

0 Likes

JohnDodge
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

I already have a G mail account, all I want is my Talk Talk email account, as promised by Talk Talk .  Can somebody please help?

It looks like the only way round this is to leave and go elsewhere?

Surely its not a big ask is it?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

If you want an email account then set up a free Gmail, Yahoo Mail or Outlook.com email address. These are independent of ISP's so when you do switch broadband provider you don't need to switch email service as well.

Not many ISP's do offer email services to new customers. BT / EE don't. Virgin Media don't. Sky don't. Plusnet email is on its last legs. ISP's that do offer quality email tend to be higher priced for their packages!