email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming server unable to connect

barbara-ellis
First Timer
Message 7 of 8

On my 3rd party apps the incoming emails have stopped coming through. It still works on webmail via a browser and I can still send via the apps

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi barbara-ellis, I can help you with this. I've sent you a personal message to get more information so that I can look into this further for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 8

Hi barbara-ellis 

I'm confused by the information you're giving me so let me try and clarify. TalkTalk have been sending out mail messages about mailboxes being restricted to webmail only access and ultimate deletion if not added to an active customer MyAccount. So, that's a Consumer home broadband customer or MailPlus mail only customer.

You say you tried to change the password in MyAccount. So, do you still have access to the formerly active broadband MyAccount? The MyAccount would also indicate, on a red banner, that your broadband and phone services were disconnected but it should list your email addresses in the My Mailboxes list.

You say TalkTalk Mail webmail is working so that would mean the mailbox is active and you know the current password. Just double check for me:

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Compose and send the same mailbox address a mail message to check that the send is error message free and importantly that the message arrives in and stays in the Inbox.

But you also say if you try to change the password via the Forgotten password journey you come across an error message indicating (I assume) No domain. This doesn't tie in with webmail working. The message means the email address is not active on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

barbara-ellis
First Timer
Message 3 of 8

I haven't been a customer for around 10 years and I've never had a problem. Has this changed in the last week and if so why was it not communicated to existing talktalk mail users? I'm not about to pay for email. If I try and follow your password changing instructions it says I don't have an email address.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi barbara-ellis 

Feels like your email address has been restricted to webmail only access because the address is not linked to an active TalkTalk Consumer MyAccount.

To retain use of a TalkTalk Mail address whilst you're not a home broadband customer you can subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus

0 Likes

barbara-ellis
First Timer
Message 5 of 8

The domain is @talktalk.net I was a customer when the email address was set up so it would have been linked to account, but I am not anymore. Both Outlook on the PC and two 3rd party apps on my phone stopped downloading new emails at the same time without prior issue. They all still send them.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 8

Hi barbara-ellis 

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer customer and if you're asking about a TalkTalk Mail domain email address, is that address added to your TalkTalk customer MyAccount?  If not added then email app connection may be restricted. 

If you can see incoming mail reaching the Inbox and staying in the Inbox when you connect via webmail then, unless IMAP connections to your apps are restricted, those apps should also see what's in the Inbox exactly the same as the IMAP connection to an Internet browser for webmail. 

What is the email address domain? Just the part after the @ symbol?

If the incoming mail disappears from the Inbox then a mail app or mail collection service, like Gmail for example, is downloading and deleting from the Inbox. If this happens then to recover control you must change the mailbox password after checking to see your devices are free of password grabbing virus, trojan or other malware. 

Changing your email password 

Let us know more about what is happening.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 8

Incoming emails have suddenly stopped working on outlook (PC) and gmail app (phone). Outgoing emails still work and I can see incoming emails on web browsers. When I try to login to my account to attempt to change password to see if that resolves it, it says my email address doesn't exist!

0 Likes