cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Just migrated from shell, all of a sudden I can't log in to my email account.

Tylex1234
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Tried to access my emails this morning and when I enter my login details on my laptop it returns with 'This site can't be reached' every time. It is the same with my partners email account as well.

I can access my emails on my phone so is talk talk blocking my email account through the broadband,

14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

That's great news Adam, thanks for letting us know 

Chris

0 Likes

Adamv1979
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 15

Strangely my emails started working again yesterday. Not quite sure what has gone on but all working now.

0 Likes

Shirley49
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 15

Same problem here. Both Shell Energy and TalkTalk said I would have no problems. I do not yet have e-mail addresses that enable me to access all my e-mails which was possible yesterday. I am 75, widowed 6 months ago and also housebound as I can walk less than 100 yards. I rely on e-mail for everything, as my sons do not live in the same town, and I want to remain as independent as possible. Very distressed by the whole situation.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

@Adamv1979, Ady has been doing his best.

He replied yesterday, but he's been chasing it for weeks. It's a known issue, but obviously problematic. 

Staff are not on here at weekends  - he'll post back as soon as he can.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

We need an answer to this please. It's very inconvienient to have to turn off wifi to access emails on my phone. Surely someone at Talk talk should have a plan on what is happening to the email addresses when the migration was planned.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Yeap same as me happened about 13.30 yesterday. Can access emails on shell webmail but have to turn wifi off to access on my phone.

I also notice Shell have now turned off the account website so you cannot view your old shell / postoffice account anymore. 

I guess it's probably related.

0 Likes

DebbieBB
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 15

Hurrah, this morning I have managed to log into my pobroadband email account and access all of my emails!!

Just spent the whole morning sending all my important emails (individually) over to a different email account.

unable to imgrate my emails accross as pobroadband isn't reconised by the new account but its done.

0 Likes

JohnCC1
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

Cannot receive any emails to my postoffice.co.uk address.

What can be done to get it to work.

Ok until today

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi all, I'm trying to find out what should happen here. I've asked about a month ago and got no updates. I've asked again and at present I'm trying to identify what we know will definitely work. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

C&JMs
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 15

Pretty much my experience. Yesterday (5th Sep), I sent an email (no problems) about one o'clock. An hour later, my wife got "This site can't be reached" like others here. Still getting that message.

The Tech support phone people fobbed me off with "We're having problems, try ringing back in three hours" and the chatline came up with the priceless advice "Try opening another email account"

Post Office sells its customers to Shell Energy. Shell Energy sells its customers to Octopus. Octopus sells its customers to TalkTalk. They call it customer service.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

try logging in on your phone with wifi off and using phone data

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

sorry.

logged in on my phone

Message 13 of 15

I've logged into my shell email account but have to turn wifi off first otherwise it is the same as on my pc. Its obviously a TalkTalk problem and they're trying to ignore it.

DebbieBB
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

I am also unable to log into my pobroadband email account that was migrated from shell energy to octopus and then to talk talk.

I have tried to log in using my phone, my hubby's phone and our pc.

I keep getting DNS server not found.

It was working fine yesterday and today  it's vanished along with all my emails.

Spent 2 hours on the phone with talk talk technical support who eventually told me it was due to an outage and I needed to call them tomorrow. I have a feeling they were trying to fob me off!

I just want someone to take this seriously and to help get my emails back!