email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lineone password lost, reset password will go to this account or an obsolete adddress

SteveCac
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I have an old Lineone account that forwards emails to a gmail address. As this free service ends soon I'd like to log in to the email but I cannot remember the password. When I try and reset this I get a choice of sending an email to the lineone address, that I cannot access, or an old work address that I cannot access. Is there a way I can change this password?

Steve.

Steve Cackett
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

I've sent you another PM to ask for different information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Steve, let me send it again now. If you haven't had it in an hour please let me know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Ady, I have not received anything?

Steve.

Steve Cackett
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Steve, I've sent you a personal message to obtain security information. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi SteveCac 

This topic is in the TalkTalk workflow and a TT Staff member will pick up and respond to the request to set up password recovery reset details.

The same TT Staff member will enable Personal Messaging (PM) for you and send you a PM to ask you to fill out a request for verification details. 

PM's are accessed via the envelope icon top right of this page under or by your avatar when signed in to Community. 

Just look out for the initial reply here. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 6 of 8

I have updated these details although I do not have a landline number.

Now I've updated these what do I do next?

Steve Cackett
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @SteveCac 

You could recover a password if you saved the login in a browser. But I guess you don't sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail.

You could recover a password if you saved the login in an email client like Thunderbird that is set to collect email directly from the TalkTalk Mail mailbox and if, like Thunderbird, there's a password manager that saves passwords for you.

You could have selected password recovery update reset details to keep those up to date via the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in. 

However, it looks like TalkTalk Staff will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up password recovery reset details to be able to access the recovery via an alternative email address or mobile number.

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add full address with postcode (location). Scroll down to Private notes to add the lineone email address needing recovery, notes and references etc and then save changes.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer