email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail apps not working

crocky
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I have a paid Mail Plus account with 3 Tiscali addresses.

One address has stopped working with any apps - webmail still works properly.

Other addresses are fine.

Support says that only webmail is supported - don't think that is correct but gave up arguing with the brick wall!

One online suggestion is to remove the address and then add it back.

My concern is: will this wipe all mails on this address? If so, this is not an option for me.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

No mail messages have been lost or harmed in the making of a fix. Good to know you're back in action in a leading role. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

crocky
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

Hi - very sorry for the late response - I was expecting Talktalk to mail any responses to me - I get stupid badges from them but not anything useful.

I've just found my way back to my post and seen your reply.

Having just tried a mail app again, it is working!

If only the Talktalk customer service agent had known what she was talking about, I wouldn't have been without proper mail for 2 weeks.

Thanks for your help.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

If you add the affected email address and your account number in your community profile I can check if the account has been limited. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi crocky, is this still happening now?  The incident that was affecting customers was fixed and closed yesterday morning.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi crocky 

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address that's restricted to webmail only access, notes and MailPlus account reference etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

You can use webmail to view your mail messages that are still on the mail server.  TalkTalk customer service teams will only help with webmail. There's a multitude of email clients and potential issues out of TalkTalk's control. We can help you here on Community.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

If your email client is set up as a POP3 email account and has been deleting mail from the online Inbox then your messages will be on the POP3 device so must be backed up to permanently save wanted mail messages. 

So long as your MailPlus account subscription is up to date and the email address in question is showing in your customer MyAccount then it should not be restricted. 

There has been an issue with some customer mailboxes being wrongly restricted. I understand a fix is in place so just confirm that you can access webmail and can access via a different email client. I say different just in case there's a problem with the data stored in the existing client software. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution