email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to EmailPlus when you have forgotten your master password

GeoffThorpe
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Like many other legacy Pipex users I have received the email about my email being limited to webmail until I join TalkTalk EmailPlus.

Also, like many others I missed the deadline as I dont use my master email address, just one of its aliases.

How do I now login to My Account or access Web mail?

Both these methods require me to have my master password which I dont remember (its been many years since I used that address)

I cant click reset password as the resulting email will go the the account I dont have access to!

Any help greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Thanks Geoff, I've passed this over to the relevant department. I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris

Message 2 of 9

Ady, I have added the extra info into the private notes. 

Thanks

Geoff

Message 3 of 9

Hi GeoffThorpe, please provide ALL of the following information:

• Email address affected

• Full Name

• Date of Birth

• Mobile contact number

• Phone number linked to the email address

• Full postal address the email is linked to

Alternate email address for the Password Reset Tool. 

Thanks 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

GeoffThorpe
First Timer
Message 4 of 9

Thanks again, my profile has been updated with the required information,

Message 5 of 9

How have you been viewing mail messages?  If via a browser and webmail then the browser may have saved the login for you. Some email clients also save logins, e.g. Thunderbird has a password manager.

If you cannot recover the password then TalkTalk will have to step in.

A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current home 'phone number (if available). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery, other notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

GeoffThorpe
First Timer
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for the very swift response but unfortunately I just realised I dont know the alias' password either 😞

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi GeoffThorpe, Gondola as always has given you the right advice. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi GeoffThorpe 

The master pipex email address has the same password as the linked alias. If you know the alias password you can sign in to webmail and set up password recovery for the master mailbox. 

Upgrade your legacy mail password

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution