email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My toucansurf address became no longer supported.

Huffam
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I have also been spoofed, and now have my toucansurf.com emails received by gmail. However the message of any sender whose name I do not recognise I delete. I have been doing so for about a year. Could the email team at Talk Talk help me close down the email address/account?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Huffam, Gondola's advice is spot on. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Huffam 

If your toucansurf email account is continually being spoofed to fool people into thinking it's you sending emails then closing down the email account is wise.

The Data Protection Team will fully delete an email account for you under your General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Right to Erasure.  Here's the TalkTalk advice article related to the GDPR. Scroll down and select the section Your right to be forgotten also known as Right to Erasure for instructions for requesting that your email account and any contents are authorised for deletion by the Data Protection team.

As well as your identification they'll need to verify that you're the registered user of the email address including:

• Email address for deletion
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Your current contact details

Account verification is managed by the Data Protection team before email account deletion is authorised as deletion of personal data is not reversible. 

Reports say that the process is handled quickly but do please update us on the outcome as it's good to get feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes