cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Need to delete two email addresses

hunnybun68
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I need to delete two of my registered email addresses and have been trying for months now but it has been removed from options for "backend maintenance", please can someone give me an email so I can get these addresses removed from my account, live chat is useless and need to get rid of these addresses as I am leaving long term relationship and no longer want them on my TalkTalk account.  Please help!  Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi hunnybun68 

The Data Protection team would normally acknowledge your request within 10 - 14 days and if your proof of being the registered user of the email addresses is confirmed then the deletion would happen and written confirmation sent out within one month. In any event it is a requirement that you be contacted within one month of your request. The fact that this does not appear to have happened suggests something unexpected has happened to your request and I suggest you follow up.

Perhaps if you contact Customer Services during daytime office hours and ask to be put through to the Data Protection team you could speak to a team member.

When to contact TalkTalk? - select and scroll to see contact availability times

Landline calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate.  Mobile calls to Customer Services on 0203 441 5550 are at your standard mobile rate or included in your mobile allowance.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

hunnybun68
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hi, it is now 5 weeks plus since Talktalk had this request to remove two email addresses and still nothing has been done, not even acknowledged my letter which I know has been received.  So what am I supposed to do now?  I'm starting to get the "we really don't care about the customer" vibes that I used to get a few years back with Talktalk and it's a shame because I stuck with them and they've improved massively in the last 2 or 3 years and have been really helpful at times.  But I really need to take some further advice here if they won't do as I have asked under current GDPR regulations.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi hunnybun68, it can take up to 1 month to process the request. This is the maximum permitted by GDPR regulations. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

hunnybun68
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

It's now over 2 weeks since I wrote to the place stated in the answer, I know they got the letter as I posted it "Signed for" but goes without saying I've not even had an acknowledgement of the letter let alone had the email addresses removed, it is now vital that these are removed, what the hell can I do?????

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

User deletion of mailbox email addresses may not be possible currently but you can give instructions for mailbox deletion to the TalkTalk Data Protection Office team.

See the GDPR help page item  'Your Right to be Forgotten / Right to Erasure '. There's a postal address, which in my view is the best way to contact the Data Protection team, but you can initiate a contact via any of the TalkTalk contact methods.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution