cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

New Server Settings Prevent Email Connection

NickD66
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I have been trapped (like many other users) in a lock out of access to email. It is clear that the email security settings were changed on the TalkTalk email servers from 17th Feb 23, but entering the new settings into my apps will not restore access for those apps. In my case the apps are Windows 10 / Outlook and iPhone IOS 16. Windows / Outlook immediately rejects the new settings. iPhone just won't login.

Yes - I have web mail access, but this is a massively reduced functionality.

I have spent around 5 hours over the weekend on chat and phone calls to TalkTalk support and received commitments to call me back / resolve the problem but these commitments have not been fulfilled. I was told that everything would be resolved by Wednesday 22nd Feb latest - but no solution as of today at Thursday PM 23rd Feb. I have been without acceptable email access for 6 days and it is really making life difficult.

Following the threads available it seems as if even after changing the settings in my apps it is now necessary for TalkTalk to perform some action to restore my connection. Please can someone help me get TalkTalk to perform this for me. It is not clear how this request is triggered.

Thanks

Nick

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Nick, I must apologise for the delay. I checked on this thread on the 25th and we were waiting for confirmation of the Outlook version so I didn't submit your mailbox for restoration.

I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Just pushed the second escalation in to TalkTalk's workflow.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

NickD66
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Gondola,

Still no connection from my apps to the email service. Its now been 19 days. 

Please can you help me get reconnected. I'm desperate.

Nick

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi Nick

Good to see you have access to TalkTalk Mail webmail. I would say that TalkTalk Mail webmail is just as functional as an IMAP email client... but that's a side discussion.

I can request restoration of IMAP/POP3 access for you if we can confirm you're using / devices are capable of / secure settings. The iOS 16 device is capable of secure mail. But what version of Outlook is it? TalkTalk recommends and supports Outlook 2016 or newer on Windows 10 or 11.  Device guides listed below and individual help is on offer to check settings.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Windows PC

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Mac PC using Mac Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPad

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution