cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

New outlook and talktalk

ClareB8
Team Player
Private Message
Message 31 of 31

I have downloaded new outlook on to my laptop and it was all working fine but now emails are not sending but are staying in the Drafts folder. I have checked my settings and these all look ok other than the host name is showing as imap.talktalk.net and not as mail.talktalk.net. When I go to manage the email account, there does not seem to be a way to amend the settings. All help gratefully received!

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 21 of 31

Gondola is right, the problen is 'New' Outlook doesnt work with TalkTalk etc. so the original old outlook needs to be located on your PC / laptop and used.

My working settings are (as per TalkTalk setup guide):

email address

Password  

mail.talktalk.net

SSL/TLS

require login with secure password authentication (SPA)

smtp.talktalk.net

STARTTLS

My outgoing (SMTP) server requires authentication

Use same settings as my incomming mail server.

Hope this helps!

Message 22 of 31

I refer the honourable member @TWH0857 to the answer I gave three days ago that New Outlook (aka Outlook for Windows) is not functioning. The honourable member is not using the recommended server settings for TalkTalk Mail but that's not the issue.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 23 of 31

My wife is suffering from the same issue on her laptop!

Can you update the post with the input and output server details as we've been trying since this morning to get her email address hooked up again in Outlook. We get connected but no new emails are being delivered?????

we currently have the following configured:-

Input

server imap.talktalk.net

Port 993

Security SSL/TLS

output

Server smtp.talktalk.net

Port 587

Security SSL/TLS

0 Likes

Message 24 of 31

Ade, I have deleted my email account and tried to re add it but it’s having none of it. Can you assist please? Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 31

Interestingly, I did go back to using outlook (rather than new outlook) and it was working fine but now it’s not and all my sub folders have disappeared! I’ll delete my account in outlook and start again and check the settings so hopefully I’ll get there but it’s been VERY frustrating!

0 Likes

Message 26 of 31

Thanks for your post TDT.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

TalkDontTalk
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 31

I have the same problem after installing 'New' Outlook with Office 2021 and Windows 11.

Its clear from the MS website that new outlook does not work with talktalk accounts!!!!

It was easily fixed by closing new outlook and opening 'outlook', which is still there, you just have to look for it....

Email set up perfectly within a couple of minutes using my previous talktalk account settings and password and now fully working!

So, the answer is - don't use New Outlook!

Message 28 of 31

Yeah you'd think they'd have tested their newly developed products properly before launch. I'm sure they'll get the fault in the new version fixed soon. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

ClareB8
Team Player
Private Message
Message 29 of 31

I have reverted to old outlook and everything seems to be working. How very irritating though that Microsoft have something that doesn’t yet work with talktalk!

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 31

Outlook for Windows aka New Outlook is not currently functioning with TalkTalk Mail. Microsoft do not allow settings to be changed. 

I see that Microsoft advice to another member is "New Outlook is still under development...won't be able to use Tiscali/TalkTalk email through it. So either buy Microsoft 365 in order to get the old Outlook, or just use TalkTalk webmail."

You can of course use TalkTalk Mail webmail but you can use alternative email clients like Thunderbird or BlueMail and I have used both of these.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution