email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'No password provided for "tiscali.co.uk" ' message

washy1968
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

In recent days I have stopped receiving emails for my tiscali account on my iphone. I get the message above which asks me to go to the mail account settings and enter a password. I have done this repeatedly but to no effect. I know the password I am using is correct as I have logged on to my account through the talktalk webmail service OK.

I have tried deleting the account from the mail app and reinstalling it but still get the same message.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Excellent news.

Yes, some mail apps, particularly those for i-devices, do indicate the outgoing SMTP server Username (full email address) and password is optional but it's far more reliable to enter the Username and password in the outgoing settings. Nice one.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 12

Hi washy1968, please keep us posted with your progress.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

washy1968
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 12

Thanks Gondola. Yes - had tried and could send successfully on webmail (sorry should have said).

Looking further I found that I needed to go into the specific section on my phone relating to the outgoing server and on there my password wasn't present (described as optional). I had only looked on the front section (which referred to the incoming server only). So I entered it in the outgoing server field and it now seems to be working.

Sorry I only worked this out after posting but very much appreciate your quick response.

Many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi washy1968 

Is there a problem with the MailPlus subscription? The Direct Debit (DD) would have been initiated but it does take around 10 days or so for your bank to put the DD in place and then for the first subscription payment to be actioned. I feel it's around that time. The billing system would reactivate the mail sending for MailPlus email accounts as long as the email address is added to any others you have in the MailPlus MyAccount and so long as the MailPlus subscription is in credit.

In the meantime just check you can send without error via the webmail sign in.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your tiscali email address and password, select Sign in.

Message 5 of 12

Since this exchange, and setting up my mail plus account, I have been receiving emails successfully on my email account without issue. However, when I went to send an email  from the account this morning I received the message 'Cannot send mail No password provided for obscured for customer security Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password'. This is the same message as I was getting a few weeks back before setting up the mail plus account. Although I sent a test email immediately after setting up my mail plus account (and it was sent successfully) I haven't sent one since. The password is entered so must be something else causing the problem - would it be to do with the outgoing server details?

grateful for any help please

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Great stuff, thanks for letting us know you've sorted it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 7 of 12

Hi washy1968 

I like the fast working solutions.

We appreciate you taking time out to let us know.

washy1968
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 12

Thanks - have set up a Talktalk mail plus account and that has solved it. 

Message 9 of 12

Hi washy1968 

It seems highly likely that your TalkTalk managed mailbox is restricted to Internet browser, webmail only, access pending deletion.  To keep a mailbox active and across all devices using IMAP or POP3 apps requires that the email address be added to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount.

You should have received a mail message from TalkTalk advising you to consider subscribing to TalkTalk Mail Plus. This is the mail only service designed to keep up to 5 mailboxes active whilst you're not a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer having the 5 mailboxes included as part of the broadband package.

About TalkTalk Mail Plus 

washy1968
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 12

No I don't I'm afraid.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi washy1968, do you have an active BB or TalkTalk Mail Plus account? 

Ady

0 Likes