cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Not receiving all emails promptly

Clerk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Private Message

Message 6 of 6

How can I get a check on my email system.  I have today received emails sent on 6 October. thank you

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Have done the suggested check and I have no rules on my mail.  The Sent items is as below.

webmail.jpg

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

The standard TalkTalk Mail folder is 'Sent' for mail that's been sent. Is that the folder you refer to as "items sent"?

I'd guess that the mail messages were inadvertently moved from the Inbox.  The only way this can happen is for a user to move them or for a Rule to automatically move them.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
      • Select All settings
      • Select Mail in the left side of the modal that opens
      • Scroll down to Rules
        If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
        It means there's nothing acting on the Inbox to divert mail messages
      • To delete a Filter rule
        select the X icon to the right of the rule
        The icon background will turn red
      • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
        Select the blue Delete button

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Clerk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

I did not find out anything useful from the analyse link though nice to know. However the problem has continued and today I found twenty seven emails by going to webmail and finding them in "items sent".  By moving to inbox they have now downloaded to my computer.  Can anyone tell me why this should happen and how to stop it?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

You've signed out of Community so please sign back in and let us know what you found out about the delayed delivery.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

The check on your email delivery is available to you via an external website here: Analyze Email Header

You select your email and then select View Source to bring up the email header. Copy and paste this header into the website and this will show you where the email got delayed. How does it do this? Simple, each step of the way a timestamp is added to your email header. So any delays can be seen in a graphic display.