cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Accessing several TalkTalk and onetel email accounts without repeatedly logging in

mashermags
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I have several TalkTalk and onetel.com email accounts, which I access using Chrome on my PC.  I have found in the past that if I try to add all the accounts into my webmail service, there are intermittent (but frequent) problems switching between the accounts ("e.g. "invalid credentials").
I have tried in the past to resolve these issues by clearing the browser cache etc., but without success. Therefore I have now resigned myself to logging into each account separately, which is inconvenient as it involves repeatedly signing out of one account and back into another.
One solution might be to have separate bookmarks pointing to each of the different mail accounts, but I can't see a way to do that.
Any help with making life simpler would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Thanks for confirming that the issue with switching accounts is a bug and not my fault 🙂
I have two PCs, one running Windows 10 and one with Windows 11. Until this week I was happily accessing my onetel.com emails using the Windows Mail app on both devices, but Microsoft in their wisdom have withdrawn support for it. I chose Microsoft's option of automated migration to Outlook, but it failed to set up my onetel.com account, and I gave up because I haven't a clue about manually configuring it.
In principle, I could download something like Thunderbird, but I'd prefer the simplicity of using the TalkTalk webmail interface and (If it becomes possible and reliable) seamlessly switching between my various TalkTalk email addresses and onetel.com.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi all, the OX team are still working on this issue. 

Ady 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

You're right that adding secondary TalkTalk email accounts to a primary login for a single sign on should work but in practice has resulted in intermittent failure to reauthenticate the credentials.  Essentially the encrypted password fails authentication.

I'll ask TalkTalk Support to confirm when this issue is going to be positively fixed. My own secondary added TalkTalk email accounts are still randomly failing authentication so, for me, the issue is still ongoing.

What Operating system and email client software version do you have available to add the email accounts to?

Windows 10 or 11 and Mozilla Thunderbird or BlueMail Desktop for example? 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes